What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » I've found Plus Live! Beta

I've found Plus Live! Beta
Author: Message:
Rob_BCFC

O.P. I've found Plus Live! Beta
I was looking through <removed> earlier and I found this:

<removed>

It appears that you can download Messenger Plus! Live 4.0.0226 Beta. Is this safe to download and should we be downloading it?

Thanks

Rob

This post was edited on 05-14-2006 at 06:53 PM by Tochjo.
05-14-2006 04:39 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Voldemort
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
RE: I've found Plus Live! Beta
No, it is not safe, it was Leaked, that means that it was never intended for public use, and it contains bugs. It was a releaase jsut to beta testers.
For information on plus Live, http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=57167

This post was edited on 05-14-2006 at 04:42 PM by Voldemort.
*All posts are a purely speculative hypothesis based on abstract reasoning.
Not my daughter, you bitch!
[Image: ico-mollytrix16.gif]
05-14-2006 04:41 PM
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
Congratulations on finding a leaked beta. It would be best if you didnt use it cause its not meant to be used by the general public due to its buggieness.

Just wait for a while and a stable version will be released. Wouldnt that be better ?

The first line was sarcasm btw :P
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
05-14-2006 04:43 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Weyzza
Veteran Member

SoCal sunset > *

– / Male / –
:-/

This is kinda different than other leaks.
The page makes it look like that Patchou released a public beta (it uses Patchou's name).
The worst thing is, it doesn't have beta disclaimer note although it has a long (but probably incomplete) change log.
I also have perceptions that <removed> distribute legal software (kinda like download.com), so many people think that this is legal.

I hope someone who is in the Beta Tester team do something.

This post was edited on 05-14-2006 at 06:54 PM by Tochjo.
Registered 7651 days, 9 hours, 15 minutes, 36 seconds ago.
Happy Birthday, WDZ

05-14-2006 05:08 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Rob_BCFC

O.P. RE: RE: I've found Plus Live! Beta
quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
Congratulations on finding a leaked beta. It would be best if you didnt use it cause its not meant to be used by the general public due to its buggieness.

Just wait for a while and a stable version will be released. Wouldnt that be better ?

The first line was sarcasm btw :P

What's with the pathetic reply? Idiot.

Anyways I was just wandering if it had been released publicly because I thought that <removed> was a pretty respected site. They also have Windows Media Player 11 on there and I didnt think that was released for XP users either.

And by the way my first line was NOT sarcasm.

This post was edited on 05-14-2006 at 06:55 PM by Tochjo.
05-14-2006 05:20 PM
Plik
Veteran Member

34 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Rob_BCFC
What's with the pathetic reply? Idiot.

Anyways I was just wandering if it had been released publicly because I thought that <removed> was a pretty respected site. They also have Windows Media Player 11 on there and I didnt think that was released for XP users either.

And by the way my first line was NOT sarcasm.
Whats with the random insulting?

Plus Live has not been publicly released and the leaked beta shouldn't be used, as it is very buggy. Whether it is on <removed> or not, infact someone should contact them and ask for it to be removed.

This post was edited on 05-14-2006 at 06:55 PM by Tochjo.
05-14-2006 05:23 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Matti
Elite Member

Script Developer and Helper

31 / Male / Flag
Who the hell has uploaded that one on <removed>? 8o|
Anyway, I advise you to NEVER download Plus! (Live) from other sites than www.msgplus.net or www.msgpluslive.net. There are already a bunch of fake Messenger Plus! Live beta's floating around which are virusses and can seriously harm your pc. When it's released to the public, you'll find it here first, and not on any other site.

* Matti analyses the description on that page...
quote:
to the Instant Chat program from Microsoft called Windows Messenger (also known as MSN Messenger).
That has to be Windows Live Messenger, no? And it's not better known as MSN Messenger, but the new version of it!
quote:
Third-party applications bundled with this download may record your surfing habits, deliver advertising, collect private information, or modify your system settings.
Totally fake! Messenger Plus!' sponsor never installed software which affects your security, it only installed a toolbar. With the new sponsor, even that one is removed!

quote:
You are advised to run Ad-Aware or similar programs after installing this product. You can download such programs by clicking here.
That's the thing you just don't have to do! The uninstaller gives you the option to only uninstall the sponsor and keep Plus! on your computer.

quote:
What's New in This Release:

· Messenger Plus! Live 4.00 will soon be released. Some last compatibility fixes have been made into Messenger Plus! 3 to make sure the upgrade goes smoothly for everybody. Note that both software will be capable of running together but won't be entirely compatible, that's why Messenger Plus! Live automatically disables Messenger Plus! 3 upon install. You can then, if you wish, reinstall Messenger Plus! 3.63 (and nothing below it) if you still want to use Messenger Plus! in Windows Messenger 4 or 5.

:lol:
That's the 3.62 changelog! :P

* Matti thinks this will bring again a lot of people to the Support forums complaining about this beta... Sigh... :(

DO NOT DOWNLOAD MESSENGER PLUS! FROM ANY OTHER SITE THAN THE OFFICIAL ONES!!!
Just to make that clear. :)

This post was edited on 05-14-2006 at 06:54 PM by Tochjo.
Plus! Script Developer | Plus! Beta Tester | Creator of Countdown Live | Co-developer of Screenshot Sender 5

Found my post useful? Rate me!
05-14-2006 05:39 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: