What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Personal Messages

Personal Messages
Author: Message:
Dawny627

O.P. Huh?  Personal Messages
Hi,

Wasnt sure whether this was messenger plus or just normal msn, so will post my question here too....

I cant see my friends personal messages... what can I do to change this so I can see them? Ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling both msn and msn plus, but with no luck.

Thanks
05-14-2006 04:53 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Zephyr

monster.rat

34 / Male / Flag
RE: Personal Messages
This is more likely to be a problem with messenger, but to be sure, try running MSN Messenger without plus! to see if the problem still occurs. If it does, then you can delete the thread from MsgPlus! Help & Support. Personal Messages

If the problem resolves when plus! isn't running, then you can delete this thread.

AFAIK, there isn't an option to disable personal messages. The only way i know you can disable personal messages is through patches, but this would be fixed by an uninstall and reinstall of the program.

You could try an uninstall of MSN Messenger, deleting all the data and settings as well.

-Go to control panel, then add/remove programs, then go to MSN Messenger and click remove.
-Then reboot your computer
-Next, Remove the MSN Messenger folder in Program Files
-Then browse to C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Microsoft\MSN Messenger and remove the folder which is your ID number. (You can find your ID here  ( Note: this will remove all custom emoticons etc. To backup these files you can use CE/DP Backup Wizard
-Then delete the keys in the registry for MSN Messenger (Be careful that you don't delete anything else in this next stage)
Start> Run> type regedit and delete the following folders.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSNMessenger
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSNMessenger

Then download MSN Messenger from http://messenger.msn.com and install.

This post was edited on 05-14-2006 at 05:46 PM by Zephyr.
[Image: rhcpsig38tj.png]
05-14-2006 05:20 PM
Dan N7650

39 / Male / –
i've got this problem too.... MSN 7.5.0324 and Messenger Plus version 3.63.148
PS2 Champ

SOCOM rocks!
05-14-2006 07:03 PM
miles

I've got this problem too.
I can see personal messages, but they've been the same for at least 2 months [my contacts say they've changed their personal message at least several times].
I'm using Windows Live 8.0 build 0812.00 and ZoneAlarm security suite.
A few months back I used a zone alam / msn fix because my display pics werent loading. Ever since then everything works perfectly except the personal messages!
Is there a quick fix anywhere?
12-30-2006 12:38 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: