What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » logging of chat msgs

logging of chat msgs
Author: Message:
volacious

O.P. logging of chat msgs
hi guys,

as my thread subject says, i think there is a small bug in the logging of chat messages ...
it logs the messages perfectly,

wen it comes to puting them into directories it seems to have a few issues ...

as in, unless i speak to the person it doesnt move them to the different directory, .. ...... um, its hard to explain the bug, ...

suggested solution, ... there is an automatically process start of everymonth which creates new dir, and 'moves' all of the contacts, even if they have been talked to or not ....... and make it so if the user does not log in to msn for say the first two weeks, wen the user logs in it chks the header of the files to make sure its in the correct month ... oviously im not going to go to the details of coding, im sure u guys are much smarter than me at it ....

thanks
05-15-2006 02:18 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
andrewdodd13

Oh so retro

34 / Male / Flag
RE: logging of chat msgs
If, what you mean is that your Plus! isn't moving your logs to a new directory at the end of the month, then there's probably a mistake somewhere. Mines does it as soon as I sign in to MSN on the new calendar day...

The only thing I can think is to make sure that under Logging -> Archiving you have "Create a directory each month for every file" selected and that both the "Instant messages" and "Events" boxes are checked.

Sorry if this isn't what your asking, just post back :)
[Image: AndrewsStyle.png]
05-15-2006 02:52 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
volacious

O.P. RE: RE: logging of chat msgs
quote:
Originally posted by andrewdodd13
If, what you mean is that your Plus! isn't moving your logs to a new directory at the end of the month, then there's probably a mistake somewhere. Mines does it as soon as I sign in to MSN on the new calendar day...

The only thing I can think is to make sure that under Logging -> Archiving you have "Create a directory each month for every file" selected and that both the "Instant messages" and "Events" boxes are checked.

Sorry if this isn't what your asking, just post back :)

hmm, ya i do seem to have the enabled ... mind if i ask you wat version of msn/Messenger Plus ur using?

im using
MSN: Version 7.5 (Build 7.5.0311)
Messenger Plus: 3.63.145 April 4th 2006 .... hmmm

its weird cos it moves it perfectly for 'some' pple and others it just leaves into one file, for a few months, then decides to move, like iv got one file which has 2 months, or sometimes 3 months, ....

05-18-2006 01:28 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: