What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Converting MSN Messenger Chat Logs

Converting MSN Messenger Chat Logs
Author: Message:
caeruleus

O.P. Converting MSN Messenger Chat Logs
While I switched to Messenger Live and before MSg Plus live comes out =P I havent been able to log msg plus text file chat logs, I was just wondering, is there a way or a program to convert the normal Msn messenger logs into the msg plus text logs?
05-18-2006 09:41 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Converting MSN Messenger Chat Logs
Directly: no
Indirectly: yes

The XML logs of MSN Messenger use a template to tell the viewer program how the contents of the log should be visible to the user. Altering this template will make it possible to view the contents just as you like it; thus you can alter the template (the XSL file) in such a way that it is just like a Plus! text log.

see:
CookieRevised's reply to convert xml logs to txt plus-like logs

After you've read the above link and did what it stated, all you need to do is save the output of the log to a text file and you have your text-style logs on disk. There isn't a program which does this all automatically for you though, so you must do it one by one.

Also note that in Messenger Plus! Live you will have the possebility to save Plus! logs in XML format (which includes custom emoticons, etc, unlike the Messenger XML logs). And maybe in this context it would also be a nice idea if the Messenger Plus! Live Log Viewer would be able to view MSN Messenger XML logs as well, I'll forward the idea...

This post was edited on 05-18-2006 at 10:15 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-18-2006 10:11 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
caeruleus

O.P. RE: Converting MSN Messenger Chat Logs
Oo thanks a lot =P Didn't expect an answer that quickly. =P Ok I'll try that... Yeah it'd be great if Messenger Plus could see the log files msn messenger puts out. I mostly just don't like them being in two seperate locations =P More confusing when I'm looking for something specific. Well kk thanks a lot.
05-18-2006 10:35 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: