What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » want to keep older version, can I?

Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
want to keep older version, can I?
Author: Message:
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
RE: want to keep older version, can I?
wtf .... 7.5 is pretty good and stable and has pretty much everything you may need. I dont understand why people dont want to upgrade :S
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
05-12-2006 01:03 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
andrewdodd13

Oh so retro

34 / Male / Flag
RE: want to keep older version, can I?
Well, just my 2 pence, but there are actually still a few bugs in .0208 that won't be fixed.

Although I will admit 7.5 uses ~a chunk (one chunk is 8mb... it's a personal term ;)) more memory than 6.2, but there really is no reason other than that to update, unless you're using a PC with 32MB RAM in which case I can see that software isn't the only thing you don't like updating....

The reason new versions (6.2->7.0 new) are indeed to make more "money" (use of ""'s because MSNM is free) but also because people do enjoy using these features (except in the case of Office XP->2003 that's just bloat :)). There are a few new features in WLM8 that I can't wait to use (assuming the release version doesn't kill my PC every few minutes as well).

So, in short: Don't be a dinosaur! Upgrade - it's easier and safer :).

Opinion of updates being better may be influenced by my habit of apt-get update followed by apt-get upgrade every morning
[Image: AndrewsStyle.png]
05-12-2006 01:22 PM
Philomela

O.P. RE: want to keep older version, can I?
Sorry I took so long getting back to replying to this thread.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions, but I got into a bit of a panic that night.

And as for why I wouldn't want to upgrade is, like I said before I really really really don't like change. Some people don't seem to understand that. I have a real problem with it. Second reason is I like simple. I got my cellphone to use to talk to people. I don't need it to make emails or surf the web or take pictures. I want a *phone*. And I want an IM program. But I also like ot have histories of my chats, since I've insanely sentimental, so that's why I got MSNPlus.

If anybody's wondering, I'm back at Windows 4.7, which, back when I used this version, it was called MSN Messenger. Exactly the same, but named Windows now. I'm thrilled with it and had forgotten how much I liked my old version better.

Thanks for the help all.
05-17-2006 07:18 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Matti
Elite Member

Script Developer and Helper

31 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: want to keep older version, can I?
quote:
Originally posted by Philomela
If anybody's wondering, I'm back at Windows 4.7, which, back when I used this version, it was called MSN Messenger. Exactly the same, but named Windows now.
A little remark:
  • Windows Messenger is the instant messaging client designed for Windows XP. Windows Messenger is only used for more corporate use, only providing the most essential features. It's latest version is 5.1.
  • MSN Messenger is the instant messaging client made by the MSN group. MSN Messenger contains a lot of cool features, like games, display pictures etc. to bring your IM experience to the next level. That's why it's so attractive for the youth, and less for business use. The latest version of it is 7.5. (8.0 is Windows Live Messenger)
What you're using now is Windows Messenger 4.7, which is good. But don't think it's an older version of MSN Messenger, since they're two individual programs. :)
Plus! Script Developer | Plus! Beta Tester | Creator of Countdown Live | Co-developer of Screenshot Sender 5

Found my post useful? Rate me!
05-17-2006 12:47 PM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: