What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Annoyed

Annoyed
Author: Message:
sufcste

Bring on the Premiership!

35 / Male / –
O.P. Annoyed
Ok I'm getting really annoyed with Micro$oft now. They've been releasing WLM for ages now, and they still haven't. On the blog it basically said that this version was going to be identical to the final version, bar any new bugs. I mean everyone knows that almost as soon as its released, they will have to release a bug fix (though never as promptly as MP!). So why can't they just release WLM so we can get MP!L?

Thank you for listening to me rant, I feel much better now (H)
Meat Loaf 6410 days, 2 hours, 51 minutes, 3 seconds ago and in 6185 days, 2 hours, 51 minutes, 3 seconds ago!!! :D
05-16-2006 07:02 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Annoyed
quote:
Originally posted by sufcste
ust release WLM so we can get MP!L?

lol the release date will still be the same time as it always was. Remember Patchou is on hoilday for 2 weeks. :P

And not just bugs, the website, promotion, add-ins, finshing the design, and maybe a small new feature. ;) The more time spent the more professional the product in the end, so it is not rushed. :)
05-16-2006 07:14 PM
sufcste

35 / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: Annoyed
quote:
Originally posted by absorbation
it is not rushed
You're not wrong there!! I get what you're saying, but how long can it take an enormous company with loads of people and resources at their disposal?!
Meat Loaf 6410 days, 2 hours, 51 minutes, 3 seconds ago and in 6185 days, 2 hours, 51 minutes, 3 seconds ago!!! :D
05-16-2006 07:17 PM
Zephyr

monster.rat

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
So why can't they just release WLM so we can get MP!L?

Because the Windows Live Messenger team want to sort out as many bugs as they can before the release. Yes, there may be bugs when they do release it, but surely they should do they're best before the release.

And your point about getting MP!L. Patchou, like microsoft will want to sort out as many bugs as he can with MP!L, so the release of MP!L isn't based entirely on the release of WLM. Patchou will release MP!L when he is happy for it to be released publically.
[Image: rhcpsig38tj.png]
05-16-2006 07:17 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Ok I'm getting really annoyed with Micro$oft now. They've been releasing WLM for ages now, and they still haven't.
So first you complain that MS has changed the name. Now you're complaining about them taking time to fix bugs and ready the software for full release? How about having some patience for once?
[Image: spartaafk.png]
05-17-2006 05:15 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
sufcste

35 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Annoyed
No I never complained about the name change! I merely don't see why it takes Micro$oft so long to sort stuff out. I know they've got to iron out the bugs (and there are a lot to iron out :P), but they just seem to be taking far longer than is necessary, and the result does not seem to be much different. I have patience up to a point, it's just M$ push the boundries.
05-26-2006 03:08 PM
Adeptus

quote:
I have patience up to a point, it's just M$ push the boundries.
Simple solution: keep using Messenger 7.5 until WLM is released. No one made you install the WLM beta, no one is forcing you to keep it.

The purpose of beta testing is not to keep you on the bleeding edge.  The only reason why you should be using beta software is to help the authors test and improve it; if you are not happy doing that, it would make sense to stop and return to using released software.
05-26-2006 03:36 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: