What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » The Blue Frog (Anti Spam security) Dies :(

The Blue Frog (Anti Spam security) Dies :(
Author: Message:
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

...in the wake of the aNILEator

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. Sad  The Blue Frog (Anti Spam security) Dies :(
After their DDOS attack a few weeks ago they bounced back ready for action then today announced that they had given up. I'm really upset about this because since the DDOS attack my more private address is getting 100+ MAILER DAEMON/System Administrator/return to sender/mail not sent messages a day :'(

read more here http://bluesecurity.com

EDIT: It seems to be up and down that page *-)

but earlier it said that they had admitted defeat and couldn't take the resposinbility of an over exagerrated cyber war between the spammers and their community

This post was edited on 05-17-2006 at 09:31 AM by aNILEator.
05-17-2006 09:22 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
ins4ne
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
RE: The Blue Frog (Anti Spam security) Dies :(
what about to change to thunderbird =) junk-mail function included... ones rated ass junk he will always delete them automatically :D

This post was edited on 05-17-2006 at 09:25 AM by ins4ne.
[Image: b5c5bb366c94ba43283cc13901380e3e.png]
05-17-2006 09:25 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

...in the wake of the aNILEator

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: The Blue Frog (Anti Spam security) Dies :(
i use thunderbird already (infact you can intergrate bluefrog into thunderbird which is what i've also done), this doesn't solve the issue though, Gmail does a pretty damn good job at filtering it all, and any which do get through to my thunderbird are then filtered out also, however blue security was a way of reducing the spam (not filtering it) and it worked well, they made some great advances over the last month then got attacked by one of the worlds leading spammers Pharmamasta who knocked thousands of websites offline in a massive DDOS attack to get back at bluesecurity for trying to stop him sending spam to their members.

They got online again, announced that they wouldn't quit the fight against spam, things looked like they were going well then today they have said that they will not continue to fight spam because of increased rsk of more DDOS attacks (of which i think they are under another one now)

This post was edited on 05-17-2006 at 09:34 AM by aNILEator.
05-17-2006 09:30 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: