What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Plus Custom Names -> WLM Custom Names

Plus Custom Names -> WLM Custom Names
Author: Message:
tbcat

O.P. Plus Custom Names -> WLM Custom Names
I don`t know if this is the right place tu post this, and I'm not sure if it is possible such an idea (perhaps even it's an stupid idea), but is it possible to make a way to export Messenger Plus custom names to WLM, so that people who used this feature in the past in Messenger Plus in msn 7.5 don`t have to rename every contact again in WLM?

Of course I am talking about plus for MSN 7.5 and WLM 8.0 (the new Messenger Plus doesn´t have custom names feature), so I don`t know how it would be possible

All this it's beacuse I, as many plus users I think, have a huge list of custom named contacts, and It would take a lot of work to rename them again (specially as many of this contacts I am not sure who they are only by looking at  his mail/always changing nick name)
05-16-2006 04:15 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
qgroessl
Veteran Member

33 / – / Flag
RE: Plus Custom Names -> WLM Custom Names
I don't think this is going to be possible... It would be a very nice thing for the big switch from 7.5 with Plus! to WLM when it's final. Maybe if Patchou can do it he'll put it in with the first version of Messenger Plus! Live...

quote:
Originally posted by tbcat
(perhaps even it's an stupid idea)
Definately not a stupid idea ;)

This post was edited on 05-16-2006 at 04:23 AM by qgroessl.
05-16-2006 04:22 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Patchou, belive me is aware of the issue, but doing something like that is time consuming :) I know it maybe a drag renaming all your contacts once again, but that is the only solution that can be done. Some old Messenger Plus! features may work in Messenger Plus! Live, e.g. sounds. :P
05-16-2006 06:26 PM
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
Messenger Plus! Live will, when released, import as many settings from Plus! 3 as possible. Whether this includes custom names waits to be seen, but we can only hope.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
05-17-2006 04:57 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
tbcat

O.P. RE: Plus Custom Names -> WLM Custom Names
Thanks for answering :P
05-20-2006 03:37 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
habs6091

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by tbcat
I don`t know if this is the right place tu post this, and I'm not sure if it is possible such an idea (perhaps even it's an stupid idea), but is it possible to make a way to export Messenger Plus custom names to WLM, so that people who used this feature in the past in Messenger Plus in msn 7.5 don`t have to rename every contact again in WLM?

Of course I am talking about plus for MSN 7.5 and WLM 8.0 (the new Messenger Plus doesn´t have custom names feature), so I don`t know how it would be possible

All this it's beacuse I, as many plus users I think, have a huge list of custom named contacts, and It would take a lot of work to rename them again (specially as many of this contacts I am not sure who they are only by looking at  his mail/always changing nick name)

I dont know if this is part of WLM or MPL but in your contact list, click the person you want to re-name and press F2 on your keyboard, then u should be able to put in a custom name:)

I figured it out by pressing the wrong button on my keyboard:P
05-21-2006 07:10 PM
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
It's a WLM feature.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
05-21-2006 08:30 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »