What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Installing Plugin problems

Installing Plugin problems
Author: Message:
ladyTee

O.P. Dodgy  Installing Plugin problems
Hey hey,

Im having problems with MsgPlus and installing plugins. I am a limited account on this computer and hence stuffplugNG and other plugins cannot find that MsgPlus is installed . Is there anyway to bypass the admin account and be able to use my plugins? Attached is the printscreen of the prob.

ps: if anyone knows, is there anyway i can install programs n other stuff without admin rights? i no theres a way but hvnt quite figured it out.

Cheers
05-14-2006 08:48 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Installing Plugin problems
Attached? :P
The installers will be failing since they're looking for Plus! in one place only. On limited accounts, Plus! sets itself up differently, in a way the plugin installers aren't aware of. Your best bet is to get Plus! and the plugins installed under an Admin account, or get the plugin developers to write a limited-user aware installer.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
05-14-2006 10:59 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
andrewdodd13

Oh so retro

34 / Male / Flag
RE: Installing Plugin problems
If your admin has disabled access to the registry and write access to the program files directory, you may be stuck.

If you know (or know someone who does) the admin pass, then you can usually right click the installer and go "Run As..." which should allow you to install the plugin normally.

If you have access to both folders, you could maybe use another tool to extract the files out the installer and add a line or two in the registry, although I'm not sure if all plugins need access to it.
[Image: AndrewsStyle.png]
05-15-2006 09:15 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
ladyTee

O.P. RE: Installing Plugin problems
thanks guys! & sorry about that.. forgot to attach it =p haha
05-18-2006 04:02 AM
ladyTee

O.P. RE: Installing Plugin problems
alrighty! another small problem.. since i am a limited account and i cant actually get the admin password.. is there anyway Messenger Plus and msn will start together automatically.. everyday before i use msn.. i have to go to my start menu where it says launch messenger plus! its cool if theres no way i can fix this.. but if any1 has any idea it would be much appreciated! (Y)

cheers.
05-21-2006 11:16 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: