What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » can someone remove clicks from my old mp3

can someone remove clicks from my old mp3
Author: Message:
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

...in the wake of the aNILEator

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. can someone remove clicks from my old mp3
Well i downloaded a click remover and all it did was fuck everything up but the clicks, and i can't be bothered to "buy" and install old nero pack which did a good job of click erasion

its an mp3 i recorded some years agowith my friend, and it has a really badly out of time click throughout it, the sound is pretty bad quality anyway but it's just guitar anyone think they can do a quick fix job contact me please, fukafly@gmail.com
05-21-2006 12:05 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: can someone remove clicks from my old mp3
you can listen to the song (its build up the rage {and its under projects->music}) on my site now http://fukafly.zerogen.co.uk/site/

direct link to the mp3 http://fukafly.zerogen.co.uk/site/mp3/Build_Up_The_Rage.mp3

can't anyone help

This post was edited on 05-21-2006 at 11:52 PM by aNILEator.
05-21-2006 11:51 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: can someone remove clicks from my old mp3
I experimented a bit with various filters and wave editors.

Though the click is so "unclear" that it is very hard (impossible?) to remove it by applying filters. With "unclear" I do not mean not audible, but "not a clear and pure" click; it is woven within the music to strongly.

The only way I could remove the clicks is by painstakingly removing the actuall frames it occurs in. But this means removing many frames because the click isn't pure but actually builds up and fades down again with an echo.

Though I'm talking here about milliseconds, the removing of those frames is probably audible to the rithmic trained ear.

Also, because it is an MP3 you work with compressed samples, editing them and then compressing them again to MP3 seriously reduces quality if you roughly want to have the same filesize.

Don't compressing it again to MP3 means having a file of several tens of megabytes big (+25MB).

I didn't removed all of the click-frames (it is just too painstaking) but removing them all would also mean the length will be significantly shorter, although we were talking about millisecs per click; there are just too many clicks.

A very rough cut down of the first 5 seconds (not really paying attention and not editing at millisecond level) is attached.

If you really want it done, get a good wave editor (Nero's wave editor should be sufficient when using it at a very maginfied sound wave resolution), magnify the wave and listen extremely carefully to each frame, millisecond by millisecond and only remove as little as possible. It will probably take hours and hours (thus I'm not going to do it, sorry)...

.zip File Attachment: test.zip (999.39 KB)
This file has been downloaded 140 time(s).

This post was edited on 05-22-2006 at 09:31 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-22-2006 01:22 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: can someone remove clicks from my old mp3
ok thanks for the explanation cookie, i'll just leave it as it is, because your version sounds sped up, and its not worth it really :P, i think its just a shame i lost my almost complete version with drums and tweaking :(
05-22-2006 06:56 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: