What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » wlm blocking upgrade / problem with sounds

wlm blocking upgrade / problem with sounds
Author: Message:
cndbeauty67

this is the text below my avatar

O.P. wlm blocking upgrade / problem with sounds
Hello!

I have a problem.

I'm running both msn 7.5 and the new beta version (before I installed beta I copied everything in the msn folder to a new folder (msn2) so the exe files are in two sepparate folders) on my computer and it's always worked smoothly until now. I apparently do not have the latest build of beta (i'm running 8.0.0566) and msn wants me to upgrade to the newest build. I did that no problem but I discovered that the new build has it's alert sounds "built into it" (ding contact is online, biddle-oop contact is sending you a msg etc) so windows sound scheme doesn't even HAVE msn messenger listed to change your sounds for. Not really a big deal for most people I'm sure, but if I want to use msn7.5, I don't have sound for my events so it's a pain the butt for me.

I did a system restore and erased the newest beta upgrade so my 7.5 has sound again. Buuuuuuut when I try to log into beta it won't let me until I upgrade.

So my question(s), is there an EASY way to alter windows sound scheme somehow so that I can use sound events for msn7.5? If it's difficult, don't bother trying to explain it as I'm pretty computer illiterate  OR is there a patch or something I can download so I don't have to do the upgrade and continue using the build of beta I have.

I recall an add-on downloading thing before that prevents msn from seeking some sort of info from you which also stopped it from telling you about program updates. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Any help is appreciated

Thanks in advance,

*cheers*
I have no signature..... deal
05-27-2006 12:27 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
cndbeauty67

this is the text below my avatar

O.P. RE: RE: wlm blocking upgrade / problem with sounds
quote:
Originally posted by Crimcz
Go into tools > options > alerts and sounds, and i bet you theres something in there.

I wish it were that simple but like I said, the new version completely takes msn messenger right out of windows sound scheme all together so there ISN'T anything there to change :(
I have no signature..... deal
05-27-2006 01:01 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
guanako
Veteran Member

ALbert0

37 / Male / Flag
RE: wlm blocking upgrade / problem with sounds
not really sure of wat u want but see this it might help. ;)
[Image: guanako20.png]
05-27-2006 06:11 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: