What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Problem installing MsgPlus

Problem installing MsgPlus
Author: Message:
Aukikco

O.P. Problem installing MsgPlus
After reinstalling Windows XP, MSGPlus won't install anymore. I did the Windows re-installation right on top of the previous one, so the problem probably lies somewhere in that direction.

Nothing happens when I double-click the self-extracting zip package msgplus-363.exe. I've tried this with two different versions, so it isn't a problem in the installation package itself.

I also tried going through the windows registry files and deleted everything with msgplus or something related in it. No change (although I didn't try rebooting after that, maybe I should?)

Any ideas? I love msgplus, would really like to use it.
05-30-2006 09:35 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

RE: Problem installing MsgPlus
Try going to C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! 3 and then deleting that, then delete the registry entries, reboot your computer and install Messenger Plus!

By the way, it isn't really the best thing to do if you just install Windows XP over the top of the other one, it doesn't fix any problems, all it does is reinstall the Windows folder basically. If you're going to reinstall windows, you may aswell back up all of your files and then format the drive completely.
05-30-2006 09:48 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Aukikco

O.P. RE: RE: Problem installing MsgPlus
quote:
By the way, it isn't really the best thing to do if you just install Windows XP over the top of the other one, it doesn't fix any problems, all it does is reinstall the Windows folder basically. If you're going to reinstall windows, you may aswell back up all of your files and then format the drive completely.

I know that. I just needed a quick re-install since my hardware update messed something up. I would have hated to have to go through all the installation procedures etc again.

Well, seems I have to be doing that anyway soon. Darn.
05-30-2006 10:11 AM
Aukikco

O.P. RE: Problem installing MsgPlus
Well, at least deleting the registry entries and the file folder did nothing (unless there are some registry entries that are not so obvious, can anyone help me on this?)

Still having the same situation.
05-30-2006 05:16 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: