What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » WLM in 8 days....

Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
WLM in 8 days....
Author: Message:
Morpheous416

O.P. WLM in 8 days....
Can't wait to get my hands on the WLM!P 4...knowing Patchou, it's gonna blow the last version away.

The Mess.be patch works great to get rid of all the bloatware in WLM8, but it just doesn't cut it when it comes to the features Plus adds.

06-08-2006 09:59 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
NiteMare
Veteran Member

Giga-Byte me

36 / Male / Flag
RE: WLM in 8 days....
theres no offical confermation on the WLM as far as i know (correct me if i'm wrong), so we'll just have to wait and see
[Image: sig/]
I'll never forget what she said 6663 days, 3 hours, 42 minutes, 59 seconds ago
Need hosting? Check
out my website. we can help you out :)
06-08-2006 10:04 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Darken

49 / Male / Flag
quote:
Windows Live Messenger: Friday June 16th 2006
Posted by Steven Parker 44 minutes ago · There are 5 comments & no trackbacks
Windows Live Messenger will be made available to the public in 8 days, Friday 16th June 2006. The successor to MSN Messenger 7.5, Windows Live Messenger 8 is the first edition of the Messenger brand to be released under the new 'Windows Live' moniker.

Windows Live represents Microsoft's biggest push into the Software-as-a-Service market. Windows Live Messenger is the first software package to be released out of beta in the Windows Live range, with Windows Live Search (Desktop), Windows Live Mail Desktop and Windows Live Toolbar expected to follow later this year.

News source: Bink

link --> http://www.neowin.net/index.php?act=view&id=33546
link --> http://bink.nu/

:o)
06-08-2006 11:20 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
NiteMare
Veteran Member

Giga-Byte me

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Darken
link --> http://www.neowin.net/index.php?act=view&id=33546
link --> http://bink.nu/

:o)
i still see no proof, these are not offical microsoft sites, and none of them link to acual microsoft sites, all it takes is 1 site to start a rumor
[Image: sig/]
I'll never forget what she said 6663 days, 3 hours, 42 minutes, 59 seconds ago
Need hosting? Check
out my website. we can help you out :)
06-08-2006 11:41 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Felu
Veteran Member

29 / Male / Flag
They are just spreading rumors See this thread. There's no such information by Microsoft yet so this cant be said to be true.
06-09-2006 03:30 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Morpheous416

O.P. RE: WLM in 8 days....
quote:
No official word, correct me if I am wrong?

Ya know, information like this spreads so fast, and in such a way, you might have just posted that Bill Gates was a communist.  Cuz, everyone that you tell this too have all said:

"they're just spreading rumors...where's the proof?"

All that kinda talk reminds me of The Pirates of the Carribean. 

"....never leaves any survivors."  "No survivors?  I wonder where the stories come from?"

Leaked information is just that, leaked information.  Just because someone who doesn't want to risk their job to stand up and say, "Yeah, I told everyone it was coming out yadda yadda yadda and such", doesn't mean that someone who knows people that do work at Microsoft (which I am sure many at Bink's site do) didn't hear them say that it would/could be released.

Ban me if you have too, but I've seen so many people that are "regs" at certain sites just jump at any and all opportunity to flex their "knowledge muscle" at the first sign of seeing something that they may not have heard first, trying to shoot down what a "newb" has posted or in this case, just trying to be helpful in sharing information.  What, does it sting a little that you don't know everything??

Just because my post count here doesn't portray a life of living here, has no bearing what so ever on what I may know, or have had the luxury of having to know from being in the right place at the right time.  I too, cannot be everywhere at once, but being one of the moderators at Bink's site, I know better than to shoot down a new post just because I haven't heard about it yet...or don't believe in what I see in front of me.  It is a very respectable site, and though information may not always be correct, it is my job to help uphold that respect by showing that same level of respect to it's members...those that live there, and those that just stop by once in a while.
06-09-2006 04:58 AM
qgroessl
Veteran Member

33 / – / Flag
Okay buddy... we wouldn't ban you for saying a (possibly) false release date... We have no clue here either... and many of the members here are really highly repsected in the MSN community. We have rights not to believe a thing you say..... but oh well... If it comes out... great, grand... if it doesn't... oh well we'll just have to wait longer.
06-09-2006 05:08 AM
Morpheous416

O.P. RE: WLM in 8 days....
That's the whole point.  I am not stating a true release date, but rather passing on information that I have heard of, in anticipation of a release.  And, on top of that passing on my compliments to Patchou for the great work that he and the team have accomplished.

But that was past right up in favor of idealism that I am full of it.

It would have been better handled in stating facts against the "rumor", or better yet asking where I heard the word.  To me, it wasn't a fish story (one that grows with every passing person)...but seeing as this community is a very respected addition to MSN (a reason I joined up in the first place)...I felt welcomed in participating in the discussions about the release.

The regs should know better than to come off the way that they did.  It is neither comfortable, nor a respectable way of handling the discussion.

No offense, seriously, but if you are 15 or 22 (as per your MySpace), and seeing that I am 36, I'll pass on to you some years of experience in saying that hopefully one day you'll see this from a different point of view, and maybe understand that I am not attacking anyone per-se over the issue, but reminding them without cause or concern on my part, that you just don't treat people with disrespect just because you can sitting behind a screen and a keyboard. 

The reputation of a board is dependent on it's forum members, not just the site's owner.  What they do reflect upon that said reputation.

and believe me....I respect Patchou.  Everyone I know I have passed on his software, and will continue to do so.

Take note, that I joined this site almost two years ago, and even though I don't participate in the discussion over the software, I visit quite often.

This post was edited on 06-09-2006 at 07:33 AM by Morpheous416.
06-09-2006 07:31 AM
qgroessl
Veteran Member

33 / – / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Morpheous416
No offense, seriously, but if you are 15 or 22 (as per your MySpace),
I should lower that a bit :p... I just wanted to be able to have a public profile.

And I agree that a lot of the regular members (including myself sometimes) should take your advice about being nice to Newbs/people who don't visit/post often... It would make these forums a helluva lot better place to chat.
06-09-2006 02:07 PM
sufcste

Bring on the Premiership!

35 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Morpheous416
Can't wait to get my hands on the WLM!P 4...knowing Patchou, it's gonna blow the last version away.
2 Points: 1) Its called Messenger Plus! Live (MP!L) and 2) Just because WLM is (apparently) coming out on 16th June doesn't mean that MP!L will do too. It could still be a few days (or even weeks I suppose).

However, if Patchou is almost ready to release a public beta, then he might be able to change it to a public final and release it. Here's hoping!

This post was edited on 06-09-2006 at 03:46 PM by sufcste.
Meat Loaf 6415 days, 5 hours, 42 minutes, 59 seconds ago and in 6190 days, 5 hours, 42 minutes, 59 seconds ago!!! :D
06-09-2006 03:46 PM
Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: