What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » WLM in 8 days....

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
WLM in 8 days....
Author: Message:
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: WLM in 8 days....
Patchou has repeatedly said, in public, that the release of MP!L will be within a couple of weeks of the release of WLM. So, assuming the 16th is correct, expect MP!L by the end of the month. If WLM isn't out then, MP!L may be a bit longer.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
06-09-2006 04:37 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: WLM in 8 days....
quote:
Originally posted by Morpheous416
That's the whole point.  I am not stating a true release date, but rather passing on information that I have heard of, in anticipation of a release.  And, on top of that passing on my compliments to Patchou for the great work that he and the team have accomplished.
All good and well, but if you knew yourself this is an unconfirmed unofficial rumour, you shouldn't have posted it as if it was a fact.

Only stating in the thread's title "WLM in 8 days" without any clarification in the post itself is posting it and doing as if it was an official fact.

Simply stating (under the thread's title, in the post):
"or so I heared" or "as far as I've heared" or something in that order, would have given a whole different picture of that thread's title.

Also given the fact that extremely many people have come before you stating all kinds of dates and given the fact that extremely many new people seem not not have the common sense to read such things as a "possible rumour" but taking it in (swallowing it) as a fact and spreading it further, you can't blame the regulars here for clearly stating and correcting (for the 651465415614th time) that such stuff isn't fact, but a rumour.

And nothing is worse than a hard spread rumour taken by everybody as a true fact.

Note: The things you said about regulars not being polite and such and that they are the 'face' of a community and all, I agree upon

BTW: the thread was started in the wrong subforums anyways. This is subforum is for help and support with WLM/MSN/Windows Messenger. What you stated is a simpy chit-chat thingie about Plus!. So it should have been posted in the subforum: "Plus! General Talk". And given that, there are already many threads with "We can't wait for Plus!Live" posts and subjects, no need to create yet another one.

This post was edited on 06-09-2006 at 07:33 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
06-09-2006 07:27 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Salem

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
[Ya know, information like this spreads so fast, and in such a way, you might have just posted that Bill Gates was a communist.  Cuz, everyone that you tell this too have all said:

"they're just spreading rumors...where's the proof?"

All that kinda talk reminds me of The Pirates of the Carribean. 

"....never leaves any survivors."  "No survivors?  I wonder where the stories come from?"

Leaked information is just that, leaked information.  Just because someone who doesn't want to risk their job to stand up and say, "Yeah, I told everyone it was coming out yadda yadda yadda and such", doesn't mean that someone who knows people that do work at Microsoft (which I am sure many at Bink's site do) didn't hear them say that it would/could be released.

Ban me if you have too, but I've seen so many people that are "regs" at certain sites just jump at any and all opportunity to flex their "knowledge muscle" at the first sign of seeing something that they may not have heard first, trying to shoot down what a "newb" has posted or in this case, just trying to be helpful in sharing information.  What, does it sting a little that you don't know everything??

Just because my post count here doesn't portray a life of living here, has no bearing what so ever on what I may know, or have had the luxury of having to know from being in the right place at the right time.  I too, cannot be everywhere at once, but being one of the moderators at Bink's site, I know better than to shoot down a new post just because I haven't heard about it yet...or don't believe in what I see in front of me.  It is a very respectable site, and though information may not always be correct, it is my job to help uphold that respect by showing that same level of respect to it's members...those that live there, and those that just stop by once in a while.

Morpheous, i don't think anyone was trying to attack you. I think they were merely trying to point out that this has not been confirmed (by Microsoft) and therefore should not be taken as true. I'm not trying to say that it will not be released on the 16th, or that you did not here this date from someone within Microsoft. I'm just trying to say that it MAY not infact be released on the 16th.
I also think the other forum members where just trying to point out that it was an unconfirmed date so as not to give new comers the impression that this was a true release date. Imagine someone new came here and read it, and thought it'll be released on the 16th, then come the 16th it's not public. This Forum (and many others) will be flooded by posters asking "Where is WLM *?". So personally, i just think they were trying to prevent such things from happening.

quote:
The regs should know better than to come off the way that they did.  It is neither comfortable, nor a respectable way of handling the discussion.

No offense, seriously, but if you are 15 or 22 (as per your MySpace), and seeing that I am 36, I'll pass on to you some years of experience in saying that hopefully one day you'll see this from a different point of view, and maybe understand that I am not attacking anyone per-se over the issue, but reminding them without cause or concern on my part, that you just don't treat people with disrespect just because you can sitting behind a screen and a keyboard. 

...The reputation of a board is dependent on it's forum members, not just the site's owner.  What they do reflect upon that said reputation.

I agree with you, sometimes us regulars on Forums such as these to jump on people with a low post count or newbs, and this should not happen. However, i personally don't think anyone was "jumping" on you or "attacking" you regarding this matter, but rather trying to clarify something.

I think we should all try harder to make non-regulars feel more welcome
[Image: salem874.smart.jpg][Image: card.png]
Was i Helpful?[/url]
06-11-2006 05:57 PM
jegar

quote:
Can't wait to get my hands on the WLM!P 4...knowing Patchou, it's gonna blow the last version away.

The Mess.be patch works great to get rid of all the bloatware in WLM8, but it just doesn't cut it when it comes to the features Plus adds.

It isn't happening, News reports this morning say the release date will not be on the 16th as previously reported last week on various websites.  In addition, Patchou posted a note that he would make the Beta Version of Messenger Plus for WLM available to the public within 30 days of the 21 of May even if WLM wasnt final.  So expect it around the 19th or 20th of June.

This post was edited on 06-12-2006 at 01:48 PM by jegar.
06-12-2006 01:45 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by jegar
It isn't happening, News reports this morning say the release date will not be on the 16th as previously reported last week on various websites.  In addition, Patchou posted a note that he would make the Beta Version of Messenger Plus for WLM available to the public within 30 days of the 21 of May even if WLM wasnt final.  So expect it around the 19th or 20th of June.
Which is just as much a rumor and pure speculation as all the rest.
06-12-2006 08:32 PM
jegar

RE: RE: RE: WLM in 8 days....
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
Which is just as much a rumor and pure speculation as all the rest.

Which part?  Or do you as a tester know something we dont know, like Patchou lied?
06-12-2006 11:15 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Which part?
the date you gave:
quote:
So expect it around the 19th or 20th of June.

---------

For starters he didn't lie. He said he probably would. This doesn't mean he will. Second this was said until futher notice and if WLM wasn't released in the next whatever days. Third, there are many factors which determine when something is released, despite what has been said in the past (severe bugs to name one thing).

Unless Patchou has a magic crystal and can see in the future, stating dates (which he even never really did btw, he just gave an estimate) will always remain "until further notice".

Don't try to calculate when something is going to be released. Always keep in mind that many many many things can speed up or delay a publication date and that it depends on many factors.

The most accurate timeframe is: between now and maximum several weeks after WLM is publically released.

PS: yes, as tester we know a bit more than non-testers regarding this. But this still remains, until further notice, an estimate.

Thus, for everyone, stop trying to give dates. It's useless, will only start rumors and you can only be dissapointed when it isn't released on that date. WLM and Plus!Live will soon enough be released (really)... just be patient.

This post was edited on 06-12-2006 at 11:44 PM by CookieRevised.
06-12-2006 11:42 PM
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
Windows Live Messenger Not Ready for 06/16 Release - Read Here for More details
06-13-2006 01:21 AM
adam.yao

36 / Male / –
Just a good hope. I really hope messenger plus live will be public beta than wlm 8.
A Great Plus on Messenger!
06-13-2006 01:28 AM
C-S-M

Soon to be Plus! Live User

– / Male / –
Guys Patchou has said that even if WLM isn't released he's still releasing MP!L, but it will still be beta, a public beta. It will only lose the beta tag when WLM becomes final, whenever that is. No matter what, we are getting MP!L soon
[Image: wlmtester7uc.jpg]
[Image: messengerdiscoverylive.jpg]
06-14-2006 03:12 PM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: