What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Excel Formulas

Excel Formulas
Author: Message:
Eddie
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
O.P. Excel Formulas
Hello again :P On Microsoft Office Excel i know they have the formulas so you can add certain cells together etc, well is there a formula so that you add a date into a cell and then in another cell you place the formula so you add a month onto the date you added into the first cell...do you catch my drift??:$
...there used to be a signature here :)
06-10-2006 02:20 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
ddunk
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Excel Formulas
Type a date in a cell. Select the cell so you have the black box around it. In the bottom right corner of that box there should be a black square. Drag that to whatever length you want.

When you finish dragging it, a new box should be right below the mouse. Click that, and select "Fill Months."
06-10-2006 02:39 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Eddie
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Excel Formulas
KK cheers :) So if i added for example 9th June 2006 if i did what you said it will change the other cell to 9th July 2006? :)

This post was edited on 06-10-2006 at 03:04 AM by Eddie.
06-10-2006 03:02 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Excel Formulas
quote:
Originally posted by Ddunk
Type a date in a cell. Select the cell so you have the black box around it. In the bottom right corner of that box there should be a black square. Drag that to whatever length you want.

When you finish dragging it, a new box should be right below the mouse. Click that, and select "Fill Months."

1) You don't need to drag the small black box in the right bottom corner of the black selection rectangle. Simply select a cell, put your mouse over it and drag and drop... Much more convenient.

2) When dragging a date to other cells it isn't the month that increases, but the day

3) I don't see any box below the mouse, let alone a selection with "fill months". This could be that what you described is version dependant and will only work with newer Excell versions.

4) Even if this works, the other cells will not update whenever you update the original cell with a new date.

----------------------------

To add 1 month in a cell (B1), based upon another cell (A1) you use this formula in the cell (B1):
=DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+1,DAY(A1))

Note that formulas are language specific. In your case it might be that you need to replace the comma delimiter "," with a ";" delimiter and change the formula keywords also. See this page for many translations of formula keywords.

This post was edited on 06-10-2006 at 08:40 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
06-10-2006 08:35 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Eddie
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Excel Formulas
Ok thanks cookie and Ddunk :D
06-10-2006 09:23 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »