What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Who's got me on their contact list? WRONG!

Who's got me on their contact list? WRONG!
Author: Message:
FunkyJTQ

O.P. Who's got me on their contact list? WRONG!
I'm confused about something... you know how you can view who's got you on their contact list, right? You go Tools -> Options -> Privacy -> View... and it shows you who's contact lists you're on...

well I've got two people that I know I'm on both of their contact lists, but it's not showing up in this list in the ..... Privacy -> View .. screen

These two people are also the two most recent who have put me on their contact list, both within the last 6 weeks.

I know I'm on their contact list because they've opened conversation windows when they log on msn.

Is it possible for this to be fixed somehow?
06-18-2006 01:52 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Reload2

-> The second Reload <-

31 / Male / –
RE: Who's got me on their contact list? WRONG!
Maybe they used the command /msg contact@hotmail.com too
06-18-2006 01:58 PM
Felu
Veteran Member

29 / Male / Flag
Nah... they may not have you on their contact list but have you in their allow list. But the Privacy thing shows on the one's on the contact lists even if blocked(still on the contact list).
06-18-2006 02:30 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by FunkyJTQ
I'm confused about something... you know how you can view who's got you on their contact list, right? You go Tools -> Options -> Privacy -> View... and it shows you who's contact lists you're on...

well I've got two people that I know I'm on both of their contact lists, but it's not showing up in this list in the ..... Privacy -> View .. screen
The reverse list dialog window (Tools -> Options -> Privacy -> View) is a feature from MSN Messenger which got nothing todo with Messenger Plus!.

And in the upcomming new Messenger Plus! Live, the reverse list shown in the "Contact List cleanup window" is taken from MSN Messenger itself also.

This post was edited on 06-18-2006 at 02:48 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
06-18-2006 02:45 PM
qgroessl
Veteran Member

33 / – / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by FunkyJTQ
I know I'm on their contact list because they've opened conversation windows when they log on msn

Contact window open notifiers are no longer reliable.... And it doens't nessisarily mean that you're on their list.... I deleted somebody a year ago, and I'm pretty positive they deleted me too, and yet it still said that she kept opening conversation windows with me.... I wouldn't trust it, MSN is right.
06-18-2006 03:15 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: