What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » CSS Table issues

CSS Table issues
Author: Message:
Plik
Veteran Member

34 / Male / –
O.P. CSS Table issues
I've been getting annoyed about this for the last few days, and im close to giving up, but before i do, i thought i'd see if anyone here has some ideas.

Im trying to make a grid of 10px by 10px empty table cells. I've got the css all working in firefox and it looks nice and fine.
But IE refuses to listen to the height value in anything but quirks mode, and sets the height to something around 21px. When i was googling for a soultion i found out about the table-layout: fixed; method, which msdn says should make this work, but it doesn't ¬¬. So if anyone has any soultions for this i would REALLY appreciate it :cheesy:

Also when i just tested the page in opera, the table element seams to have a random padding, that doesn't belong to the tables padding (which is set to 0) and doing table * { margin: 0;} (aka setting all the child elementss margins to zero) doesn't get rid of it either. I've got a feeling that this bug maybe my fault, and i havn't spent that long debuging it :P

Anyway, you can see my code here
06-22-2006 08:49 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: CSS Table issues
Surely there's a better way to structure the site than that?
What are you trying to do btw? I'll see if I can think of a better way to do it.

This post was edited on 06-22-2006 at 11:33 PM by RaceProUK.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
06-22-2006 11:32 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: