What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [release] Music now playing

Pages: (70): « First « 9 10 11 12 [ 13 ] 14 15 16 17 » Last »
2 votes - 5 average   [release] Music now playing
Author: Message:
AlbioB

36 / Male / –
RE: [release] Music now playing
same issues for me, still using QCD (Winamp compatible). radio streams crash WLM and all songs start with " - "
Ciao!
Alberto, from Italy!
09-16-2006 05:24 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
minipatchou
Permanently Banned

I want this for wmp and im not gonna get Winamp and Itunes just for this am i?
So can this script support wmp there is not many scripts for wmp  please.:D (only one script for wmp infact)
I would be highly greatful.
09-16-2006 06:29 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
-dt-
Scripting Contest Winner

;o

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [release] Music now playing
quote:
Originally posted by Markus
Using Now Playing when listening to Windows Media internet streams, such as Radio 538, still crashes WLM.
fixed. download the newest build

quote:
All stream names now start with ' - ', e.g.
thats because {artist} is left blank in a stream... so {artist} - {title} , will become - stream name , the next version will include a some bbcode like [isnotstream]to fix this

quote:
Originally posted by minipatchou
I want this for wmp and im not gonna get Winamp and Itunes just for this am i?
So can this script support wmp there is not many scripts for wmp  please.[Image: msn_grin.gif] (only one script for wmp infact)
I would be highly greatful.
ill add support for wmp when someone who knows c++ creates a dll to do it, all they have to do is create the wmp control on a form and remote it , then pass the object to jscript :)
[Image: dt2.0v2.png]      Happy Birthday, WDZ
09-17-2006 06:10 AM
Mizery_Made

36 / Male / Flag
I noticed two problems with the new version.

A - I noticed that while Tracks with - in the Artist Name now work, much like dude commented on the Streams issue, even the songs that have Artist & Title in the ID3 data had an extra " - " in front of them. Every last song :\

B - Second thing I noticed is, some of the features stopped working after updating. The command to send the info, "!np" which I had changed to "!s" no longer worked, aswell as the command to SEND the file, "!sendsong" which I had changed to "!ss" no longer worked either. Though (!WAT) worked fine.

I even tried changing them to their defaults and still no luck. I have no idea how I did it, but I have reverted it back to the version that was release, before yesterdays update and now both of them features work just fine,

C - This doesn't just pertain to the newest update, more of a thing I had happen even before. It seems that if someone else has their Send Information & Send File commands set the same as yours, then it'll send your info.

I first noticed this when I recommended this script to a friend. He got it, and when trying it out, he would type "!np" and my information would show, now sure what showed on his end. Either way, I changed my commands to something different and his worked just fine.

___

Either way, I REALLY love your script. Just the minor bugs I noticed, thought I'd tip you off so you could investigate into the problem. :)

EDIT: Forgot a detail in the second issue. To make things very strange, I opened a convo window with one of my old Address (which wasn't online) and both the !s & !ss commands worked perfectly fine, but not when in convo's with atleast 3 other people while they was online. :\

Told you it was strange, Lol.

This post was edited on 09-17-2006 at 06:23 AM by Mizery_Made.
Tech N9ne/Tek Nin - Noun:
Unparalled master of rhyme, scientific blend of technique and numerology

[Image: banner234x60.jpg]
09-17-2006 06:20 AM
-dt-
Scripting Contest Winner

;o

35 / Male / Flag
Release 1.1.0
-WMP support!
- JetAudio support (only for plus beta testers atm..)
- added new tag (!WWAT) for wmp and new command /wnp
- added new command /jnp for jetaudio

and Mizery_Made you're problems are strange.. im looking into them :P
09-18-2006 12:00 PM
user13774
Disabled Account

Nice! Good job :).

I see you use the True Launch Bar Remote Control-addon for WMP to create an output. It seems to work fine with mp3 and streaming media. (Y)

Maybe it's good to mention that this addon for WMP must be activated for Now Playing to function properly.
09-18-2006 12:24 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
-dt-
Scripting Contest Winner

;o

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Nice! Good job [Image: msn_happy.gif].

I see you use the True Launch Bar Remote Control-addon for WMP to create an output. It seems to work fine with mp3 and streaming media. [Image: msn_up.gif]

Maybe it's good to mention that this addon for WMP must be activated for Now Playing to function properly.
hmm it auto activated for me.. so i thought i didnt need to say that...
09-18-2006 12:32 PM
user13774
Disabled Account

Yes it does, you're right. But if WMP crashes, all addons are deactivated automatically and the addon does not carry the name 'Now Playing script for MP!L' or something so people won't recognize it :)
09-18-2006 12:37 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Mizery_Made

36 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: [release] Music now playing
quote:
Originally posted by -dt-
and Mizery_Made you're problems are strange.. im looking into them :P

Good lookin', I really do love this script.

EDIT: An update... The "Send Song" & "Send Song File" commands don't work at all now. I've tried uninstalling & reinstalling the script, rolling it back to the older version, all have the same result. Before they would oddly work in a convo with my old Address given that it was offline, but all support or whatever for it has stopped.

Unsure on what might be contributing to this fact, the only new Messenger Plus! Live script that I have installed is the WinAmp Media script or whatever, but that was AFTER these problems started.

Though, something I didn't tell you before is that I use MediaMonkey. Though, from what I understand, it's basically built ontop of WinAmp (not to mention that it was working completely fine before) as it can even use pluggins built for Amp.

Just to double back and check if that was somehow causing the problem, I just now installed WinAmp, not sure what version. 5.24 maybe. And those two commands didn't work for it either.

Though again, oddly, the (!WAT) method works just fine :\. I would really love to have both commands working again though as I really loved these features.

On a side note, as I mentioned before, the songs were having an added " - " in front of them... seems to be something to do with MediaMonkey as WinAmp doesn't have the Pre-Fix.

Hopefully you can make sense of that ramble above, Lol.

This post was edited on 09-19-2006 at 04:41 AM by Mizery_Made.
Tech N9ne/Tek Nin - Noun:
Unparalled master of rhyme, scientific blend of technique and numerology

[Image: banner234x60.jpg]
09-19-2006 03:45 AM
zmaster

First of all, great plugin! I love it :) I've updated it to 1.1.0 en I haven't found any problems.  I had the " - " error but thx for fixing that :D

I've got a question. Is it hard to add something like {filename} and {folder} ? It would come in handy so I could show some1 the album. Because the dir the file is in is the name of the album. For example: VA_-_The_No_1_Hardcore_Classics-4CD-2006-SQ
[Image: hollandhardste.gif]
09-19-2006 10:08 PM
Pages: (70): « First « 9 10 11 12 [ 13 ] 14 15 16 17 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: