What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [release] Music now playing

Pages: (70): « First « 52 53 54 55 [ 56 ] 57 58 59 60 » Last »
2 votes - 5 average   [release] Music now playing
Author: Message:
tungmeister

RE: [release] Music now playing
i used to use this script last year but after i upgraded my comp i didnt reinstall it, just reinstalled it today and i'm having several problems with it. 

The album art it displays never corresponds to what i'm listening to, it just shows some random album art, and if i try to activate the personal message updater it just locks all of msn and i'm forced to kill it from task manager

i'm running vista 6001
itunes 7.6.2.9
live messenger 8.5.1302.1018
messenger plus 4.60.0.324

any help would be appriciated, cheers

This post was edited on 05-26-2008 at 12:49 PM by tungmeister.
05-26-2008 12:48 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
joey

Epoc Faileur.

33 / Other / Flag
from previous experience and a chat with dt, dont use itunes :P

ive switched to winamp, which is also supported and doesnt freeze wlm, which itunes used to do.

Break my heart all you want, i'm on the NHS.
ever wondered what it's like to ejaculate through your ears...? ;o
05-26-2008 01:11 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
tungmeister

when i had it installed on my last pc it worked perfectly, oh well
05-26-2008 11:13 PM
firsh

hi

It seems like WLM recognizes what I'm listening without this script too. I  uninstalled the winamp plugin for it but WLM still gets the artist - title. Afaik by default, WLM can't know what I'm listening in winamp, only WMP. I need this script to customize the format but it only rarely works. It looks like it wants to overtake the default nowplaying, sometimes I see the customized PSM, sometimes the default formatting. Also, when starting a new song i see the default for 1 sec, then comes the customized. What is causing this? I'd like this script as the only connection between WLM and Winamp is that possible, or am I missing a point?

thx
05-29-2008 06:24 PM
mynetx
Skinning Contest Winner

Microsoft insider

36 / Male / Flag
Hello firsh,

this is indeed possible. There are two possibilities how Windows Live Messenger can get notified of your current Winamp Media despite the fact that you disabled the Music Now Playing script:
  1. Are you using the official Last.fm Client Software with enabled Live Messenger Extension?
  2. Did you install some Winamp Plugin for Messenger ("gen_msn" / "MessengerAmp")?

This post was edited on 05-29-2008 at 07:21 PM by mynetx.
mynetx - Microsoft, enhanced.

You have a problem or issue with Windows, Internet
Explorer or Office?
Send a tweet!
05-29-2008 07:21 PM
firsh

RE: RE: [release] Music now playing
hi mynetx,

The last.fm software was it!
I just couldn't figure it out :)

thank you
05-29-2008 08:40 PM
mynetx
Skinning Contest Winner

Microsoft insider

36 / Male / Flag
You can disable the Messenger integration here:

[Image: 16i9qmw.png]
mynetx - Microsoft, enhanced.

You have a problem or issue with Windows, Internet
Explorer or Office?
Send a tweet!
05-29-2008 08:53 PM
dexluther

I'm having a problem with this script... I doesn't work. Other than what I'm listening to appearing in my PSM this script does nothing. Well WLM can display what I'm listening to in WMP by default anyways, so this script is doing absolutely nothing.

I had gotten it to work somehow before I reformatted my computer. I had to enable some plug-in called "True launch bar remote control" or something like that. I never knew where it came from, so I assumed it was installed by the script or something. It made sense since the script didn't work without it.

Now I just got finished reformatting my computer and wanted to reinstall this script, but to my not so surprise I'm having the same problem I had the first time. The script does nothing!

Naturally, the first thing I checked was to enable the "True launch bar remote control" plug-in in WMP, but it wasn't there.

Long story short:

What gives? Does this script require that particular plug-in to work or something? If so, then why doesn't it come with it or at least why isn't there a note about it in the description? Where do I download this plug-in?

WLM: 8.5.1302
Plus: 4.60
WMP: 11

This post was edited on 06-06-2008 at 04:00 AM by dexluther.
06-06-2008 03:43 AM
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by dexluther

Long story short:

What gives? Does this script require that particular plug-in to work or something? If so, then why doesn't it come with it or at least why isn't there a note about it in the description? Where do I download this plug-in?

Yes, I believe it requires that plug-in and as far as I know, it is accompanied with the script. Because once upon a time, I couldn't see that plugin in my wmp although script was in my C:\...\Messenger Plus! Live\Scripts folder, then I reimported the script and it added that wmp plugin "True launch bar..." to my wmp. then it started to work. I suggest you to remove the script and then reimport it.
06-06-2008 06:16 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
dexluther

RE: RE: [release] Music now playing
quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
quote:
Originally posted by dexluther

Long story short:

Yes, I believe it requires that plug-in and as far as I know, it is accompanied with the script. Because once upon a time, I couldn't see that plugin in my wmp although script was in my C:\...\Messenger Plus! Live\Scripts folder, then I reimported the script and it added that wmp plugin "True launch bar..." to my wmp. then it started to work. I suggest you to remove the script and then reimport it.

Thanks. I removed and re-intstalled the plug-in a few times and it eventually gave me a message saying it successfully registered wmp9.dll

For future reference, would it be possible to simply manually register the .dll or does it also install registry keys in the process or something that would cause using regsvr32 to not fix the problem?

I don't know if this script is still being worked on or if he takes suggestions/requests, but I'll throw it out there anyways. I love the script (when I finally get it to work lol), but I find it annoying to have my display picture change to show the album art. However, other people that use my computer love that feature. It's a little annoying to have to keep switching the option not to mention frustrating when you log on and have your DP changed and then have to go turn off the option and turn off the option.

My suggestion/request would be if it's possible to have it remember remember settings of each email address or something like that.

This post was edited on 06-06-2008 at 02:34 PM by dexluther.
06-06-2008 02:23 PM
Pages: (70): « First « 52 53 54 55 [ 56 ] 57 58 59 60 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: