What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Pluslive - logging

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
Pluslive - logging
Author: Message:
qgroessl
Veteran Member

33 / – / Flag
RE: Pluslive - logging
There is an option to sort by email... go to Plus!-Preferences-Conversations-Chat Logging---- Look for the "save by date" and the "save by email"... check which one you'd like.
06-26-2006 04:11 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
DeatzoSeol

Okay I know:), I had already enabled that, but it still archives all by date:^)
It makes a new map 'someguy@hotmail.com' and places a .txt file named 'june 2006.txt' in it (or whatever the month is). I simply want the .txt-file to be 'someguy@hotmail.com.txt' in my 'Chat History' map (which I created myself)...
And, again, is there a possibility to create both XHTML and plain-text?... (It's just I love a portable .txt file for when I chat on my other computer it's easily merged, and the XHTML-file is easy because all drawings and custom emoticons are showed;):P...)

This post was edited on 06-26-2006 at 04:34 PM by DeatzoSeol.
06-26-2006 04:22 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Ohareo

r a i n y d a y s

– / Male / –
How are you supposed to open the .PLE files that are now saved as the HTML format?  What application will recognize them?
06-26-2006 05:43 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Auspex

I also had the Rhalph's problem... I realised that what's causing plus! not to log the conversations is the Clean Messenger application. There's something that when removed using the Clean Messenger, disables Plus! from logging the conversations.

I tested removing only the main advertisement, and there was no problem. Plus! is logging the conversations normally.

06-27-2006 01:56 AM
lysp

O.P. RE: Pluslive - logging
yes i know you can search through various log files, but log files are simply that. Log files.

I dont need my 400+ contacts over 3 different emails all sorted into nice directories, it just makes it alot harder for me.

While i can understand it might make it simpler for some people, there needs to be an option to turn it off.

I tried sorting by date but having 500 files named "June 2006.txt" doesnt help me at all.

It really needs to be back how it was.

email@address.com.txt with the option to archive in directories if people want to use that feature.
06-27-2006 05:53 AM
DeatzoSeol

I agree with Lysp here. :-P
06-27-2006 01:52 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by lysp
It really needs to be back how it was.

quote:
Originally posted by DeatzoSeol
I agree with Lysp here. :-P
Actually there is nothing changed (much) in that aspect...

As UTI already said, if you choose to sort by date your logs will still be saved as "email@address.com.txt" and will still be archived by date.

However,
quote:
Originally posted by lysp
I like my logs to be in a single file with no splitting, for example if im trying to find an address/url/phone number has sent me i can look through one file instead of 1 file per month.
Disabling the archiving is not possible anymore. Logs will always be archived. The reason for that is probably that logs can become massive when you don't archive/split them and they will in notime render totally useless because of their size (it would slow down everything in Messenger). Though you can adjust the subdirectories to where the files are archived by altering a registry key.

(EDIT: you can even alter it in such a way that it looks like no archiving is done, for that you need to define that registry setting to empty single quotes; see next posts)

quote:
So actually, there isn't a way of not to group conversations by date?:@:S:(+o((N)
Yes, just as in Plus!3 choose to archive by email and your logs will be grouped by email instead of by date.

quote:
I simply want the .txt-file to be 'someguy@hotmail.com.txt' in my 'Chat History' map

Then choose to archive by date.

(PS: make up your mind what you want though :p)

quote:
I also like to know whether there is a possibility to save logs both as plain text and as XHTML...
Requested before and no, not possible for now.

quote:
Originally posted by Ohareo
How are you supposed to open the .PLE files that are now saved as the HTML format?  What application will recognize them?
This is off topic to the thread's subject. Please don't go off topic.

Anyways, PLE files are encrypted chat logs (they can both be text as XHTML of course). You need to open them with Messenger Plus!.

Normally when you install Plus! PLE files should automatically be associated with Plus! and thus you can simply double click on them to open them (you also need to correct password of course).

This post was edited on 07-30-2006 at 04:17 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-29-2006 05:09 PM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
Archiving cannot be disabled right now in Plus! Live, however, you can modify the way it works to group your logs differently.

Registry settings are not documented yet but here is one that will help you: add a string value in the registry at "HKCU\Software\Patchou\Messenger Plus! Live\you@email.com\Preferences" called "LogsDateDirFormat". The default for this value is "MMMM yyyy" which means that files or directories (depending on your log settings) will display the month and the year. What you could do for example is set it to "yyyy" so that a new file will only be created once a year. You can also include text between single quotes to be displayed as is, like "'chat log' yyyy".

Hope it helps.
[Image: signature2.gif]
07-29-2006 09:46 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
~*McoreD*~

39 / Male / Flag
Hi Patchou, while we are at Registry, is there a hidden way to change the folder name created by Plus! Live for a new month. Currently it creates 2006 July but I would like it to be 2006-07. Thanks!
Don’t say CD’s to say more than one CD. It is CDs.
A 200 GB hard disk has capacity for 186 GiB of data
International standard date notation is YYYY-MM-DD
07-30-2006 12:07 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by ~*McoreD*~
Hi Patchou, while we are at Registry, is there a hidden way to change the folder name created by Plus! Live for a new month. Currently it creates 2006 July but I would like it to be 2006-07. Thanks!
yes, that is exactly what Patchou just said ;) By the use of that registry key you can change the name to your likings... 2006-07 is produced by defining yyyy'-'MM.

HKCU\Software\Patchou\Messenger Plus! Live\you@email.com\Preferences\LogsDateDirFormat

Although not yet documented, the format is similar to how the ArchiveFileDateFmt registry key behaved in Plus!3. So you might wanna base your format on the documentation for Plus!3 for now: http://old.msgplus.net/help_registry.php#datetags

quote:
Date Tags
To add normal text, use single quotes. Example: "dd'/'MM" will produce "18/10".
    * d - Day of month as digits with no leading zero for single-digit days.
    * dd - Day of month as digits with leading zero for single-digit days.
    * ddd - Day of week as a three-letter abbreviation.
    * dddd - Day of week as its full name.
    * M - Month as digits with no leading zero for single-digit months.
    * MM - Month as digits with leading zero for single-digit months.
    * MMM - Month as a three-letter abbreviation.
    * MMMM - Month as its full name.
    * yy - Year as last two digits, but with leading zero for years less than 10.
    * yyyy - Year represented by full four digits.
such tags are used in Windows and in many programs btw, so they are kind of 'universal'.

PS:  This indeed also suggests you do not need to specify a date per-say; you can just use a text between single quotes to archive everything into a single subdirectory.

EDIT: Or you can even use a dot between single quotes to not archive at all (everything will be put into the main log dir):   '.'
(<= never thought of that before actually until now, stupid me)
But be very advised that logs can become extremely big, the bigger they are the slower everything will get!

;)

This post was edited on 09-08-2006 at 04:18 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-30-2006 03:56 AM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: