What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Downgrading to MSN 7.5 and Msgplus 3.61

Downgrading to MSN 7.5 and Msgplus 3.61
Author: Message:
JaCe88

O.P. Downgrading to MSN 7.5 and Msgplus 3.61
In regards to this;

quote:
Messenger Plus! Live 4.00 will soon be released. Some last compatibility fixes have been made into Messenger Plus! 3 to make sure the upgrade goes smoothly for everybody. Note that both software will be capable of running together but won't be entirely compatible, that's why Messenger Plus! Live automatically disables Messenger Plus! 3 upon install. You can then, if you wish, reinstall Messenger Plus! 3.63 (and nothing below it) if you still want to use Messenger Plus! in Windows Messenger 4 or 5.

I was wondering if anyone can please explain to me (my English isn't so great) what exactly he is saying here.

I also found this in the FAQ;

quote:
Users of Windows Messenger (the Messenger client distributed by default with Windows XP) may want to continue to use it for different reasons (like SIP connections). If your only reason for using Windows Messenger with MSN Messenger was to be connected in two accounts at the same time, we recommend that you use the new "Multiple accounts" feature of Messenger Plus! Live instead which lets you open as many Messenger windows as you want. Upon installation, Messenger Plus! Live disables (but does not uninstall) previous versions of Messenger Plus! present on the system. You can then, if you desire, download the latest version of Messenger Plus! 3 and reinstall it on top of everything. Messenger Plus! 3 and Messenger Plus! Live will then coexist together, however, some limitations will apply, including improper detection of some events depending on the order used to launch the clients. Signing out of Windows Messenger may also sign you out from Windows Live Messenger.

The reason I ask is because I'd like to go back to MSN 7.5 and Msg plus 3.61 as I really am in dire need of using my old custom names on MSN (I had many hundreds of renamed contacts), and also the chat log feature in the new Messenger Plus Live seems too complex and doesn't have the auto archive feature where it's all organised neat and tidily.

Cheers,
jeff.
ps. Unless anyone knows whether Patchou intends to fix the custom names feature; or someone offers a way to import your old names to the WLM contact list nickname feature?

This post was edited on 06-30-2006 at 11:49 AM by JaCe88.
06-30-2006 11:37 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Downgrading to MSN 7.5 and Msgplus 3.61
To downgrade to MSN7.5 and Plus! 3.60:
1. Uninstall WLM and MP!L.
2. Install MSN7.5 and Plus! 3.60.

Easy really :P
[Image: spartaafk.png]
06-30-2006 12:01 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
JaCe88

O.P. RE: Downgrading to MSN 7.5 and Msgplus 3.61
Will all my stuff still be intact like before? as in... my contact list custom names?

EDIT: Btw, any tips on where to find the latest version of MSN 7 (not sure what the newest one is?)? I think I deleted the install file... time to go Googling :) The official site doesn't seem to load at all- http://messenger.msn.com/

EDIT: MSN 7.5.0324 can be downloaded from Microsoft here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?f...C14&displaylang=en

EDIT: Everything (I think) is back to normal now... thanks for the help! Only difference is it now has the WLM icons instead of regular ones! I hope Patchou introduces custom names in the future!

This post was edited on 07-01-2006 at 12:51 PM by JaCe88.
07-01-2006 08:14 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Downgrading to MSN 7.5 and Msgplus 3.61
quote:
Originally posted by JaCe88
http://messenger.msn.com/
redirects to Windows Live Messenger, which is to be expected :P
[Image: spartaafk.png]
07-01-2006 01:37 PM