What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Problems...

Problems...
Author: Message:
renhao

O.P. Problems...
Firstly I must say that the Live! extension gave a very fresh look. I couldn't help, though, but notice the following:

The desktop contacts have a little problem when the status changes, it kinda leaves a bit of the previous status behind (eg. you can still see a wee bit of the red busy sign when it changes from busy to online) and this made it abit confusing to be, especially since the colors weren't exactly contrasting.

Patchou probably took off the nick-renaming function for contacts because WLM already has it. But when you change the nick through WLM it shows the contact as that nick, unlike MSG Plus which showed the changed nick and the original nick when you roll your mouse over... That is more useful than totally changing the nick. Perhaps the nick changer can be re-included in the next patch for those who wish to have this flexibility?

Pleeeeaaasseee? Lol.
06-25-2006 10:12 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Problems...
quote:
Originally posted by renhao
Firstly I must say that the Live! extension gave a very fresh look. I couldn't help, though, but notice the following:

The desktop contacts have a little problem when the status changes, it kinda leaves a bit of the previous status behind (eg. you can still see a wee bit of the red busy sign when it changes from busy to online) and this made it abit confusing to be, especially since the colors weren't exactly contrasting.

Patchou probably took off the nick-renaming function for contacts because WLM already has it. But when you change the nick through WLM it shows the contact as that nick, unlike MSG Plus which showed the changed nick and the original nick when you roll your mouse over... That is more useful than totally changing the nick. Perhaps the nick changer can be re-included in the next patch for those who wish to have this flexibility?

Pleeeeaaasseee? Lol.

The first part should have bn note in Bug Reports rather than here and a thread has already been made about the second part (http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=60931).  Just make sure in future to use the search feature on these forums before posting something or else some people get a bit annoyed.

Hope to see you round some more soon.
[Image: markee.png]
06-25-2006 11:18 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
neoteenbe

That's just great

38 / Male / –
Undecided  RE: Problems...
I also have some functions that I would like to see in the new Live version.

1) the emoticon help window

2) The ability to rename contacts with colours and all (new name and old nick both shown)

3) The ability to change the personal status texts's colour, and the ability to send several messages seperatly (the old "#" function)

4) The "/clear" function

5) every function that I forgot to mention here but would like to see again. :p

These were the main functions why I started using msgplus. Please bring them back.(yn)

If they are not returning, then I see no point in using msgplus live anymore. :plus4:
Sorry, but these functions were really convenient. The other functions are great, but (for me) not a main reason to use msgplus.  (sorry for the bad spelling, I am not english
06-25-2006 11:33 AM
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Problems...
neoteenbe, your features may come back. You need to respect this is an entire re-code of the program and therefore to make people happy and to release the program on time, Patchou did not include all his old features. Your 2nd point is unlikly to return but the rest may :).
06-25-2006 11:35 AM
renhao

O.P. RE: Problems...
Dear me that's the one thing I'd really like to come back... :(
06-25-2006 11:54 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
neoteenbe

That's just great

38 / Male / –
RE: RE: Problems...
quote:
Originally posted by absorbation
neoteenbe, your features may come back. You need to respect this is an entire re-code of the program and therefore to make people happy and to release the program on time, Patchou did not include all his old features. Your 2nd point is unlikly to return but the rest may :).

Thank you absorbation, for making it clear. I really respect Patchou and msg plus! I just heard a lot of rumours that the old functions were not coming back. But now I am reassured.

With this little post I would also like to thank everyone that makes Messenger Plus! Live possible.
06-26-2006 04:34 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: