What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » [REQUEST] new email notifier window

[REQUEST] new email notifier window
Author: Message:
capoeira4u

O.P. Shocked  [REQUEST] new email notifier window
I loved the Plus!Mail script where you can send quick emails.  But wouldn't it be great if you could also read new emails in a window?  I know the toast notification (or what ever you call it) pops up in your icon tray when you get new mail, but if you click it, it will actually open up your Hotmail in a browser.  Would be good if you can just click on that toast and have a small window pop up to display the email. 

It might also be a good idea to have an option to turn on/off a notification messege inside your current chat window to let you know you have new mail, where you can click on that to access the email.  The messege should be similar like when you do a file transfer.

So maybe this should be an extension to Plus!Mail...   
06-28-2006 07:07 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
fergofrog

31 / Male / –
RE: [REQUEST] new email notifier window
This is probably better in the Scripts section.
[Image: fergofrog.png][Image: repute.gif]
06-28-2006 07:10 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Three6Mafia

HRA55 U

35 / Male / –
RE: [REQUEST] new email notifier window
Refer to HERE

Leave your ideas and suggestions

This post was edited on 06-28-2006 at 07:18 AM by Three6Mafia.
[Image: Three6Mafia.png]
06-28-2006 07:17 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
capoeira4u

O.P. RE: [REQUEST] new email notifier window
Oh I see...my bad.  But I think you wanted to do this from scripts.  To open your inbox with scripts, would actually be like opening your Hotmail in a new browser, thus it would take just as long to load. 

I was actually talking about being able to click on the toast or on the auto messege notifier in your chat dialog.  I think WLM should preload the new email before the toast pops up, so when you click on it, the email will QUICKLY appear in a small simplified window (like Plus!Mail).   

In case any of you use SPB Pocket Plus and SPB Diary for your Pocket PC, this is where I got the idea from because you can put a Mail shortcut on the Today Screen and if click on the messege header, a tiny window pops up to show the complete content.  This is quick since it doesn't actually waste time to open up the Mail Program.
06-28-2006 07:28 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: