What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » MSG Plus Live! Feature Request Thread

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
MSG Plus Live! Feature Request Thread
Author: Message:
alphax45

– / Male / –
O.P. MSG Plus Live! Feature Request Thread
Ok; so it seems there are many of us wanting features that use to be in Plus! or are requesting new features to overcome some of the oddities in the new Messenger Live!

So I am going to start this thread as sort of an "Office Feature Request" thread.
I checked on the site; and there does not appear to be such a thread already; so I figured I might as well start one.

It would be great if the admins of the board could make this a "Sticky" and make it the official place to request things. That way it is in one spot and can easily be kept track of. Just an idea.

OK; now on to my request:

I would love to see an option to resize peoples pictures within the contact list. In Messenger Live! they are freaking HUGE!
06-25-2006 03:48 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: MSG Plus Live! Feature Request Thread
That would be a suggestion for the development team of Windows Live Messenger. You can have the old style contactlist window by clicking the Up and Down arrow in the contactlist window and unchecking Show Details
06-25-2006 04:02 PM
grik

I have a feature request :

- Bring back the rename contact feature, i have 400 contacts in plus 3.6 backup files, waiting to be used in  WML but i cant upgrade cause this feature is lost.

Many friends use this feature and have backups and wont/cant add hundreds of contact info, extensive info, in WML. As for another reason, info is too long, MSN server only lets piece of text, nickname into the rename feature.

Please bring it back up.

Another thing, the sound manager could be more than 10 sounds per page, it became so popular that many many sounds have been created and lots of packs, so this board should be wide opened!

Thanks alot patchoue you ROCK...
06-25-2006 04:28 PM
tony

36 / Male / Flag
Grik, patchou already answered about the remane contacts feature:

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
I may add it back if Microsoft doesn't improve the current nickname feature. I suggest you email Microsoft about it :).

As for colors, you surely can add some in the nicknames, just use bbcode charactres (like [b]name[/b])
[Image: beginnerbadgeef2.gif][Image: danceichigoow9.gif]
06-25-2006 04:31 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
grik

thanks Tony i didnt read it before, patchoue bring it back the feature you wont be sorry.

Best Regards all
06-25-2006 04:35 PM
alphax45

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: MSG Plus Live! Feature Request Thread
quote:
Originally posted by Matty
That would be a suggestion for the development team of Windows Live Messenger. You can have the old style contactlist window by clicking the Up and Down arrow in the contactlist window and unchecking Show Details

But then it doesn't seem to show the person picture, just the MSN Messenger icon. Unless mine is broken. I would love to have the exact same style as 7.x series where it showed a small or large icon with the persons picture. Something in Plus Live with a slider bar for the size would be even better!
06-25-2006 05:03 PM
konichiwa

I would like to see the feature where I press "(" and there'll be a list of Emoticons..It's been very useful for me
*Oops,it's been requested outside..Ignore me:$

This post was edited on 06-25-2006 at 05:44 PM by konichiwa.
06-25-2006 05:41 PM
spky

I'd like this!! http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=61276
06-25-2006 06:59 PM
ybd

I would really like the tabbed conversation-line to have an optional placing, for me it feels natural to have it in the lower part of the window.
I guess someone would like to have it in the left part of the window too.
06-25-2006 08:48 PM
misbehaver

There are 2 features I really liked in MsgPlus 3, and would really like to see back in MsgPlus Live.

• Remember the way to use Quick Texts with ALT-hotkeys? I'd love to see a small option to enable hotkeys on certain QTs.
  • The (!WAT) tag does not work yet. Assume it will be back in, but if it was not intended yet, would like to see it again.

/EDIT: In the meantime, really must say it works fine, nice work ;-)

This post was edited on 06-25-2006 at 09:29 PM by misbehaver.
06-25-2006 09:28 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: