What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » help with error code 80072efd

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
help with error code 80072efd
Author: Message:
Jimbo
Veteran Member

31 / Male / Flag
RE: help with error code 80072efd
quote:
Originally posted by Chocolatino
im having the same problem but my error is 80072ee7 and it also says my gateway is offline and wen i press fix it stays the same.
See this
Ever heard of google
11-11-2006 07:07 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chocolatino

Money=Motivation

30 / Male / Flag
i fixed it :) i went online and sometimes firwalls have somthing to do with it i had to disable my norton firewall for myn to work(don't worry got another firwall on wich dosn't affect the messenger)
[Image: untitled2nk3.png]
11-13-2006 07:02 PM
moonemo

[font=Arial][size=2][color=black]yo people

i have a solution for Error code 80072efd

my problem with this came with Windows live messenger

i had tried uninstalling and installing again but that didnt work

i then found a download for messenger 7.5

downloaded it

and now the error code does not come up

and i can sign in normally

i cannot remmeber the exact sight
but i typed in "msn messenger 7.5 download" on google

i hope this helps dude
11-23-2006 10:25 AM
Knowem-meetem

Wink  RE: help with error code 80072efd
Hey Guys I think I might have the cure for it, I tried this and it completely worked.

( I can not be held responsible if anything happens so for your own safety please follow everything step by step )

As you see, This is the reason MSN can not sign in and you get error code 80072efd. If you have norton personal firewall, you need to add msn to the allow list.

If you have Windows XP Firewall you need to find MSN on your list when you click add program so the file that you're looking to put in should be msnmsgr.exe or something like that, add it to the allow list and it should log in.

If MSN does not log in, load internet explorer, if internet explorer doesn't work then MSN won't work so basically were back to norton antivirus.

Uninstall norton personal firewall and then make sure you have a working firewall like WINDOWS SERVICE PACK 2 FIREWALL.

But before you uninstall norton firewall install service pack 2 even though it may take a little while to download it's worth it.

after that you MUST add the msn live messenger or what ever messenger you use to the allowed programs list.

then you can uninstall norton personal firewall.

Restart your computer and then try checking the connection of the net service.

To do this you simply open msn>>tools>>options>>connection and look at the globe and the computer, it should say something like this:

You Are Directly Connected to the .NET Messenger Service.

You are connected to the internet through wired network connection.

You are connected to the internet using a direct connection. (Administrator)

There are many other ways to do this, but this is the best way that I could come up with, because I don't want to mess with any binary stuff.
03-15-2007 03:32 PM
BowBender

OK I'm real annoyed with this thing I too am getting error code 80072efd.

However I don't seem to have a communications error. The trouble shooter gives me all green checkmarks. I don't have a third party firewall and the XP firewalls are all turned off. there are even exceptions in the firewall rules just in case they ever were turned on. I can go to www.live.com and sign in with my passport credentials. In short everything seems to look fine except messenger will not login. I'm running XP sp2 with all the latest updates. If I install the older versions of msn messenger it works just fine.

I'm at a loss!

Any Ideas?
03-19-2007 11:04 PM
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
RE: RE: help with error code 80072efd
quote:
Originally posted by chuckstr
i tried what you said but it is still unable to connect even the online messenger service from msn will not log in

what Windows OS are you using? if Windows Vista right click on the Messenger icon an choose  Run as Administrator '
03-19-2007 11:14 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
BowBender

I'm running XP sp2 with all the latest updates.
03-20-2007 01:05 AM
paulbucks

you need to change your router settings to open port 1863.  this was the only thing that worked for me.  find the port forwarding setting for your rounter.
03-31-2007 10:12 PM
the andyman

Windows Live Fanatic

– / Male / Flag
This problem can also often be solved by doing the following:
quote:
1. Change Windows Explorer settings

a. Right click on the "Start" button and choose "Explore"  from the short-cut menu to open the "Windows Explorer" window. 

b. In the "Windows Explorer" window, click on the "Tools" menu followed by "Folder Options". Click on the "View" tab. In the Advanced settings list, check"Show hidden files and folders" and uncheck the option "Hide extensions for known file types" under Hidden files and folders. Click on "OK" to close the "Folder Options" window.

c. In the "Windows Explorer" window, click on the "View" menu followed by "Explorer bar" and ensure that the "Folders" option is checked. This will ensure that you are able to see the folder list on the left side of the Windows Explorer window.

2. Delete the Contacts Cache folder by following the steps below:

a. Right click on the "Start" button, choose "Explore"  from the short-cut menu to open the "Windows Explorer" window.

b. In the "Windows Explorer" window, go to the Folder list on the left pane and navigate to the folder C:\Documents and Settings\<Your Windows logon name>\Contacts\<Your Messenger email address>  where <Windows Logon name> is the login name you use to sign into windows and <Your Messenger email address> is the address that you use to sign into Messenger

c.  Delete all the files that are within the <Your Messenger email address> folder.

d. Right click on the "Start" button, choose "Explore"  from the short-cut menu to open the "Windows Explorer" window.

e. In the "Windows Explorer" window, go to the Folder list on the left pane and navigate to the folder C:\Documents and Settings\<Your Windows logon name>\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Live Contacts\<Your Messenger email address>  where <Windows Logon name> is the login name you use to sign into windows and <Your Messenger email address> is the address that you use to sign into Messenger.

f. Delete the "real" and the "shadow" folders that are within the <Your Messenger email address> folder.           

3. Sign into Messenger again.
Obviously the file structures are a bit different from the ones above if you have Vista.
04-03-2007 12:12 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
manslorta

RE: RE: help with error code 80072efd
quote:
Originally posted by Chocolatino
i fixed it :) i went online and sometimes firwalls have somthing to do with it i had to disable my norton firewall for myn to work(don't worry got another firwall on wich dosn't affect the messenger)

listen to what chocolationo is aying it has worked for what i did was to exit my firewall software (kaspersky) and logged in and it did i then put it back on and it seem that it has no problems thnk chocolatino i  registered to this site just to say thnk u , tnk u
07-24-2007 12:46 PM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: