What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » The e-mail checking limit

The e-mail checking limit
Author: Message:
uam

O.P. Sad  The e-mail checking limit
PLEASE, remove the limit of e-mail checking interval! :'(

I want to check for new e-mails every minute again! What was the reason for introducing the 3 minutes minimum?

Thanks,
  Jan

This post was edited on 06-25-2006 at 07:23 PM by uam.
06-25-2006 07:22 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
qgroessl
Veteran Member

33 / – / Flag
RE: The e-mail checking limit
I'm not sure why he put this on there... but I'm sure  you're not going to miss many/any emails by waiting 2 extra minutes ;)
06-25-2006 07:28 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: The e-mail checking limit
quote:
Originally posted by uam
PLEASE, remove the limit of e-mail checking interval! :'(

I want to check for new e-mails every minute again! What was the reason for introducing the 3 minutes minimum?
I agree with this.

The reason was probably to reduce heavy bandwidth issues and other stuff on some (slow) computers with a (slow) connection, but those who have a fast computer (which doesn't stress out under the constant polling) and have a fast internet connection, might want to check their mail more frequently....

An advanced registry setting for this would be best I think. In that way people who know what they are doing can set it lower. And for the average Joe the minimum stays 3 minutes.

Personally I also find 3 minutes still too big and would rather have this set as 1 minute.

quote:
Originally posted by UTI
I'm not sure why he put this on there... but I'm sure  you're not going to miss many/any emails by waiting 2 extra minutes ;)
People can have many personal reasons why they would want to have a lower limit.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
06-25-2006 08:47 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
uam

O.P. RE: The e-mail checking limit
Thanks CookieRevised.
I think there are options which require a lot of more technical knowledge, but everybody knows, what does this setting mean. If I have unlimited internet connection I would like to be able to check every minute, If I have 14.4kbps data-payed link then I set it ... to every two minutes. :D
But I don't see any reason why this setting should be limited either by minimum or maximum.

Yes, registry setting would be fine for me as well.
06-26-2006 04:39 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: