What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » More comments about Plus! Live!

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
More comments about Plus! Live!
Author: Message:
Poom

Ya-Ha!!!!

33 / Male / –
O.P. More comments about Plus! Live!
I know I already mentioned some in the announcement, I discovered more things to mention though.

You know how the  the PageUp and PageDown thingy is now Ctrl+Up and Ctrl+Down? (Don't know what that feature is called, sorry) Even though I don't like the new shortcut key very much, I wonder about something... Before, we used to be able to recover the messages that are failed to be sent. Well, I havn't failed to send a message yet. So, can someone tell me if the messages failed to send will be there? It would be great if those messages will be colored red to differentiate it from messages sent successfully. =O Anyways, second thing, what is the difference between the shortcut key Ctrl+Up and Ctrl+Down? -_-a

Also, is this Ctrl+Up and Ctrl+Down thing meant to replace quote as I've read it from a topic? I am asking because this feature, in no way, is similar to quote feature. Not only that it doesn't "quote" and just merely resend a message that is sent, the feature does not even let us see what people have sent to us!

One more thing I figured out, the easter egg, /community, is now gone =O. Oh well~

Many people seem to be think like I do that Plus! should have the old nicknam feature, simply because the one in WLM isn't as advanced. Well, what about doing the similar thing with our own name, where we get this formatting button next to the input area? I am sure Patchou could do that too with the nickname input area in the edit contact dialogue. That would be great, wouldn't it?

Also, can Event Logger be added back in the Plus! Button in the dashboard? I don't really understand why it is there... It would take less step than the Plus! main context menu, as I have my frame removed. Actually, I wouldn't mind the main context menu and the button menu being identical. :/

PS. Everyone seems to be craving (maybe exaggerated >.>) for the "​(" feature, the same way I do. =O Hehehe, Patchou, bring it back quickly!

This post was edited on 06-26-2006 at 06:02 AM by Poom.
06-26-2006 03:48 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
qgroessl
Veteran Member

33 / – / Flag
RE: More comments about Plus! Live!
quote:
Originally posted by Poom
You know how the  the PageUp and PageDown thingy is now Ctrl+Up and Ctrl+Down? (Don't know what that feature is called, sorry) Even though I don't like the new shortcut key very much, I wonder about something... Before, we used to be able to recover the messages that are failed to be sent. Well, I havn't failed to send a message yet. So, can someone tell me if the messages failed to send will be there? It would be great if those messages will be colored red to differentiate it from messages sent successfully. =O Anyways, second thing, what is the difference between the shortcut key Ctrl+Up and Ctrl+Down? -_-a

Kinda like this, one thing I noticed was that the "find text" isn't there... like.... You used to be able to open a window that saved all the text... Seperated by contact, and you could chose how long ago it was said to recover it.... This was very useful for quoting, or if I just can't remember what soembody said... I'm wondering if it's coming back cause I haven't heard anything about it.
06-26-2006 03:50 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Before, we used to be able to recover the messages that are failed to be sent. Well, I havn't failed to send a message yet. So, can someone tell me if the messages failed to send will be there?

It does work for quoting messages that failed :)
[Image: markee.png]
06-26-2006 04:14 AM
Poom

Ya-Ha!!!!

33 / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: More comments about Plus! Live!
quote:
​Originally posted by markee
quote:
Before, we used to be able to recover the messages that are failed to be sent. Well, I havn't failed to send a message yet. So, can someone tell me if the messages failed to send will be there?

It does work for quoting messages that failed :)

=O Good news. Thanks for the info.
06-26-2006 06:09 AM
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Everyone seems to be craving (maybe exaggerated >.>) for the "​(" feature, the same way I do
You can't really call that a feature. Just add color to your name the proper way. Go to Personal Settings (Tools > Options...) in WLM and use the "Format Codes..." button next to your name to add color. Way easier IMHO.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
06-26-2006 06:20 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Poom

Ya-Ha!!!!

33 / Male / –
quote:
​Originally posted by MenthiX
quote:
Everyone seems to be craving (maybe exaggerated >.>) for the "​(" feature, the same way I do
You can't really call that a feature. Just add color to your name the proper way. Go to Personal Settings (Tools > Options...) in WLM and use the "Format Codes..." button next to your name to add color. Way easier IMHO.

I actually meant "(". It's the forum starts spilling out "​" all of a sudden. >.>
06-26-2006 06:26 AM
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
Haha, strange. You are right then, that is a cool feature which should come back. I thought you meant "​" as in the code some people copy/paste in their name to use Plus! colors :).
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
06-26-2006 10:27 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
​
is an HTML/XML character escape code :P And it seems to be a weird space thingy.
quote:
You know how the  the PageUp and PageDown thingy is now Ctrl+Up and Ctrl+Down?
Plus! 3 also used Ctrl+Up/Down.
quote:
So, can someone tell me if the messages failed to send will be there?
I can confirm they are indeed there ;)
quote:
Many people seem to be think like I do that Plus! should have the old nicknam feature, simply because the one in WLM isn't as advanced. Well, what about doing the similar thing with our own name, where we get this formatting button next to the input area?
You can add formatting codes to nicknames, and they'll work. Also, in the Options dialog, there is a Format Codes button next to the Dislay name entry. It might also work for the PSM, can't remember ATM.

This post was edited on 06-26-2006 at 12:33 PM by RaceProUK.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
06-26-2006 12:29 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Poom

Ya-Ha!!!!

33 / Male / –
quote:
​Originally posted by RaceProUK
quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
​
is an HTML/XML character escape code :P And it seems to be a weird space thingy.
Yep. Someone told me this.

quote:
quote:
You know how the  the PageUp and PageDown thingy is now Ctrl+Up and Ctrl+Down?
Plus! 3 also used Ctrl+Up/Down.
o_o Never knew that. Would be great if we can choose in Plus! Live.

quote:
quote:
Many people seem to be think like I do that Plus! should have the old nicknam feature, simply because the one in WLM isn't as advanced. Well, what about doing the similar thing with our own name, where we get this formatting button next to the input area?
You can add formatting codes to nicknames, and they'll work. Also, in the Options dialog, there is a Format Codes button next to the Dislay name entry. It might also work for the PSM, can't remember ATM.

I know about those. The thing is, contact's nicknames do not have an option to have original name behind the nickname. There is a thread about this too. =O
06-27-2006 04:18 AM
Morbid_Wraith

quote:
Also, can Event Logger be added back in the Plus! Button in the dashboard? I don't really understand why it is there... It would take less step than the Plus! main context menu, as I have my frame removed. Actually, I wouldn't mind the main context menu and the button menu being identical. :/
SECONDED! :o At least, for the event viewer anyway... or if it's possible to create a script that would do it for me, could someone recommend that?
06-27-2006 05:03 AM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: