What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [Request] IRCesk Commands

[Request] IRCesk Commands
Author: Message:
Neverwinter

35 / Male / –
O.P. [Request] IRCesk Commands
In many IRC channels (infact in most) sending commands such as !rules or !list or !gimmefile gets you an auto response. It'd be nice if there was a script that could be programmed to respond in different ways to different requests with any luck, even to those without plus.

Example, say someone wants to know if your webserver is up without actualy having to ask you, they can type "!status" and get a response like "Server Status: Okay". Another (stupid) example is if you wanted to know someone's birthday (and they've programmed it in of course) they could type something like "!bday" and get a response like "My Birthday? 15/09/88, better buy me a nice present".

Wouldn't need a snazzy menu either, could have the codes programmed in to the script themselves, IE, they enter the code direct into the script.
06-29-2006 04:49 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Lou
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: [Request] IRCesk Commands
I'm working on the script "Bot utilities" which will allow you to (more easily) set something up like this:)
[Image: msghelp.net.png]
The future holds bright things in it\\\'s path, but only time will tell what they are and where they come from.
Messenger Stuff Forums
06-29-2006 04:59 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Neverwinter

35 / Male / –
O.P. RE: [Request] IRCesk Commands
Awesome, I look forwad to it :).
06-29-2006 05:10 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version