What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » 4.00.235 is very slow and buggy

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
4.00.235 is very slow and buggy
Author: Message:
Cine

O.P. Roll Eyes  4.00.235 is very slow and buggy
As soon as you have 5+ tabs open, the resposiveness of the UI drops to a crawl, it is rather useless :@
Completion (which is the best feature of MsgPlus!) of /msg, /invite and ( no longer works :@
When someone not currently active sends a message, then previously it switched over to whomever sent the message so I could see who sent the latest message which was nice, now I have to check every single time if it is someone I currently talking to or someone I am waiting for a message from. :@
/viewlog is now annoying, instead of opening my favorite text editor it opens a rather useless editor, and I didnt even get the feature to search in all history instead of just current month in compensation. :@
Mini icons for users are no longer shown in the user list (dunno if this is a MSN or MsgPlus bug)
Can no longer rename contacts, which makes it rather hard sometimes to remember who is who :@

All in all I have to say the new release is a huge failure, of the 4 major functions I were using only 1 remains and that one is super slow now.
06-26-2006 09:34 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Poom

Ya-Ha!!!!

33 / Male / –
RE: 4.00.235 is very slow and buggy
quote:
Completion (which is the best feature of MsgPlus!) of /msg, /invite and ( no longer works :@
That's not a bug, but more like how it is meant to be; Patchou did not implement them in the new version, and they will probably be back in the next build, AFAIK.

quote:
When someone not currently active sends a message, then previously it switched over to whomever sent the message so I could see who sent the latest message which was nice, now I have to check every single time if it is someone I currently talking to or someone I am waiting for a message from. :@
Doesn't that certain tab flash when someone send you a message? It does here.

quote:
/viewlog is now annoying, instead of opening my favorite text editor it opens a rather useless editor, and I didnt even get the feature to search in all history instead of just current month in compensation. :@
My god... -_-a Sorry, I just had to say it. THIS IS A NEW FEATURE! Logs are now saved as XML with all the formatting and images. Of course, notepad can't view that. I think it is better this way. I like it way more this way... If you want to check the old logs, go into the directory of those .txt files and open them with notepad.

quote:
Mini icons for users are no longer shown in the user list (dunno if this is a MSN or MsgPlus bug)
? You mean status icons? They show up just fine here.

quote:
Can no longer rename contacts, which makes it rather hard sometimes to remember who is who :@
That's because now WLM has the feature itself. Use it by right clicking the contact and click "Edit Nickname"

quote:
All in all I have to say the new release is a huge failure, of the 4 major functions I were using only 1 remains and that one is super slow now.

=O Check carefully before you judge, would you? And I would say that people would not be very happy to see a lot of angry emoticons. >.> Calm down for a minute!
06-26-2006 10:00 AM
Cine

O.P. RE: RE: 4.00.235 is very slow and buggy
quote:
Originally posted by Poom
quote:
That's not a bug, but more like how it is meant to be; Patchou did not implement them in the new version, and they will probably be back in the next build, AFAIK.

Ok, I can live with that.
quote:
quote:
Doesn't that certain tab flash when someone send you a message? It does here.

When I have the window open, yes. I am talking about the taskbar.
quote:

quote:
? You mean status icons? They show up just fine here.

Previously peoples images showed up as tiny icons, so it was easiere to find someone with a glanse. Now they are all little green people :P
quote:

quote:
That's because now WLM has the feature itself. Use it by right clicking the contact and click "Edit Nickname"

Ok, that is a bad translation in MSN, shows up as "add nickname" here, and it lacks the feature "add old name behind", which I was rather fond of :)
quote:

quote:

=O Check carefully before you judge, would you? And I would say that people would not be very happy to see a lot of angry emoticons. >.> Calm down for a minute!

Can you make my computer start responding within 30 sec after I open the 10th tab? It is way to slow for normal usage :(
06-26-2006 10:16 AM
DjBeNNeTT

DJ @ Kewlsounds.com Internet Radio

34 / Male / –
For the tabs, i have found the same that it does not flash in the taskbar when another person sends me a message.
Although that was when i was on the first public build of WLM, So god knows if it will work now, will find out later.

As for peoples Display Pics showing up as icons on the Contact List. that was in MSN not MsgPlus. I'm not sure why they removed it, i suggest email them about it.

This post was edited on 06-26-2006 at 11:16 AM by DjBeNNeTT.
DjBeNNeTT
--------------
[Image: DjDaNo.png]
06-26-2006 11:15 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Supersonicdarky
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
quote:
this is in wlm, not plus. it has nothing to do with this, just switch the view of the contacts to details tho they become bigger

quote:
Ok, that is a bad translation in MSN, shows up as "add nickname" here,and it lacks the feature "add old name behind", which I was rather fondof
i'm quite sure that in next plus! builds the feature will be readded and you will be able to make them color unline in wlm

quote:

Can you make my computer start responding within 30 sec after I open the 10th tab? It is way to slow for normal usage
it lags when you have many tabs because it takes quite a few resources since the feature is not part of messenger, and why would you need to have 10 tabs open anyways? no one i know has more than 4 open at a time :/

:)

06-26-2006 11:33 AM
Deano

38 / Male / Flag
I've noticed it flashes not to the corrrect person who has sent the message when tabs are on so yeh
06-26-2006 11:48 AM
GiantSpider
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
We know that one.
06-26-2006 11:59 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Cine

O.P. RE: 4.00.235 is very slow and buggy
quote:
Originally posted by Supersonicdarky
it lags when you have many tabs because it takes quite a few resources since the feature is not part of messenger, and why would you need to have 10 tabs open anyways? no one i know has more than 4 open at a time :/

Well, I usually have 15 open, sometimes up to 30 :)
Although right now, I cannot have more than 3 or my computer is crawling. Even the mouse stops responding.
06-26-2006 12:05 PM
DjBeNNeTT

DJ @ Kewlsounds.com Internet Radio

34 / Male / –
That must be a weird thing with your PC then.

In the evenings i usually have around 8/9 tabbed chats open.
I also run Winamp, IRC, Windrop, Windows Live Mail Desktop, Firefox also has a number of tabs, and i only have 512MB RAM...

Sure you dont only have 128MB? ;)

This post was edited on 06-26-2006 at 12:08 PM by DjBeNNeTT.
DjBeNNeTT
--------------
[Image: DjDaNo.png]
06-26-2006 12:07 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Joris_

RE: RE: 4.00.235 is very slow and buggy
quote:
Originally posted by Deano
I've noticed it flashes not to the corrrect person who has sent the message when tabs are on so yeh

this annoys me too :)
and next to that is a problem with alt-tab: I use alt-tab a lot but when I do this when my msg window is minimized, it can't find my msg window anymore so I have to use my mouse and click on it in the task bar. since I am a laptop user, I find this a bit annoying.. :P
06-26-2006 07:17 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: