What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Personal status

Personal status
Author: Message:
SerGuMa

always connected...

– / Male / –
O.P. Personal status
I noticed that now the personal status can only be "away" or "busy", will it be changed i the near future? Because I was used to use "be right back" and "out to lunch" :(
[Image: sergu2fg.jpg]
06-26-2006 10:01 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Terry_K

– / Male / –
RE: Personal status
From one point of view, these statuses are unnecessary. The reason is because "away" and "busy" don't really describe what you are doing. Custom statuses for in a call and out to lunch are not so necessary because they describe what you are doing. Because of this, you can not set custom statuses for these.

From another point of view, they can be useful because they can put more detail on what you are doing. E.g. at the cafe down the street would be more appropriate with out to lunch in this case, you can use the corresponding busy or away status.

• Use Busy instead of In a Call.
  • Use Away instead of Be Right Back.
  • Use Away instead of Out to Lunch.

EDIT: Be Right Back doesn't really describe what someone is doing either. I wonder why Patchou removed that? Maybe because it is not one of the main statuses (away or busy).

This post was edited on 06-26-2006 at 10:27 AM by Terry_K.
Terry K
06-26-2006 10:24 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Zayl

Huh... are you sure ? Cause with my version of WLM, i can turn "be right back" and "out to lunch" !

/brb => be right back
/lunch => out to lunch

;)
06-26-2006 10:28 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
SerGuMa

always connected...

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: Personal status
quote:
Originally posted by Terry_K
From one point of view, these statuses are unnecessary. The reason is because "away" and "busy" don't really describe what you are doing. Custom statuses for in a call and out to lunch are not so necessary because they describe what you are doing. Because of this, you can not set custom statuses for these.

From another point of view, they can be useful because they can put more detail on what you are doing. E.g. at the cafe down the street would be more appropriate with out to lunch in this case, you can use the corresponding busy or away status.

• Use Busy instead of In a Call.
  • Use Away instead of Be Right Back.
  • Use Away instead of Out to Lunch.

EDIT: Be Right Back doesn't really describe what someone is doing either. I wonder why Patchou removed that? Maybe because it is not one of the main statuses (away or busy).

Yes, if it won't be added I will have to live without it, but I was just wondering why it has been taken out.

P.S.: Will the shortcuts to personalized status (like ctrl+a) come back?
[Image: sergu2fg.jpg]
06-26-2006 10:29 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Zayl
Huh... are you sure ? Cause with my version of WLM, i can turn "be right back" and "out to lunch" !

/brb => be right back
/lunch => out to lunch

;)
They're talking Personalised Status, not standard.
quote:
Originally posted by SerGuMa
Will the shortcuts to personalized status (like ctrl+a) come back?
You have no idea how much I wanted to see this back, and how often I mentioned it during beta testing.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
06-26-2006 12:22 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Ehm

I'd LOVE to see all of the built-in statuses be availible for personal status, I used to use them all of the time, and "away" and "busy" don't cut it for some of the things I wanna put =\
07-11-2006 09:26 PM
Fran_G

I agree and miss these! On the older version I liked the options of "in a call" or "be right back" because I work from home. It was incredibly helpful. These were not custom...they came with the program.

With the new version, the only choices are "busy" or "away" and that is quite limiting. I hope that someone at MSN will read this and they will put these other choices back in.
02-20-2009 03:29 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: