What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [Request] Font and text direction

[Request] Font and text direction
Author: Message:
sock
Elite Member

Back in White! (with red stripes)

38 / Male / Flag
O.P. Undecided  [Request] Font and text direction
Hi. (:

I thought of some useful things to do with scripts, but apparently they can't be done currently, so here I am. :P
(I'm not a script developer myself, I just nag dt to do them for me. :<)

My first request is an ability to set my font for a specific message being sent (in the OnEvent_ChatWndSendMessage thingie).

Application: I currently use Tahoma as my font and I would like something like a /mono command that will send a message in a monospace font like Courier New, so code I'm sending will be easier to read (yet my normal messages will be in my normal nice-looking font).
Another use for /mono is ASCII art that requires monospace fonts.

Another thing that concerns me personally is the message direction: LTR (left-to-right) vs. RTL (right-to-left). Here there are two things that could be *very* useful to me and other RTL users:

1. Sent messages: An ability to see whether a message I'm about to send (ie. in OnEvent_ChatWndSendMessage) is sent as LTR or RTL (this seems to be technically similar to my font request above).

2. Received messages: Same as above (LTR/RTL detection), but what would make it *REALLY* perfect is an ability to display the message as RTL even when it was originally sent as LTR. :$

Oh, and an ability to see whether a contact is connected via Web Messenger would also be very helpful. (&)

Okay, that is all. :<
[Image: patchoulolhaxun7.jpg]
06-27-2006 11:27 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: