What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Multiple emails with different settings?

Multiple emails with different settings?
Author: Message:
the andyman

Windows Live Fanatic

– / Male / Flag
O.P. Huh?  Multiple emails with different settings?
Is it just me or am I getting the same user preferences with Plus! Live for every email account that signs in on my Messenger.

I'm sure that in previous versions of Plus! you could have per account settings (i.e. different settings for each account). This was very useful, especially for disabling plugins that other users didn't want.

Is this setting in MP!L currently or will it be coming back soon??
06-27-2006 07:20 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
lu_benja

RE: Multiple emails with different settings?
I have diferent preferences
06-27-2006 08:15 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Nagamasa
Skinning Contest Winner

30 / Male / Flag
It has and (to the best of my knowlage) always has per account settings.
[Image: unled1uo.png]
Joined this forum 6576 days, 6 hours, 28 minutes, 53 seconds ago.

06-27-2006 09:00 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
the andyman

Windows Live Fanatic

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Multiple emails with different settings?
hmm well it doesn't seem to be working for me

what folder/file are the preferences meant to be in under the messenger plus! live program files folder??
06-29-2006 03:12 PM
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
Preferences are stored in the registry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Patchou\Messenger Plus! Live\<email adress>

If you look there there will be several email adresses (providing you logged in with that account).

I don't advice to alter anything there unless you know what you are doing...for backup (and importing) you can best stick to the regular way: Plus > Preferences ...Import/Export button at bottom left.

This post was edited on 06-30-2006 at 09:52 AM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
06-30-2006 09:50 AM
the andyman

Windows Live Fanatic

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Multiple emails with different settings?
Thanks: it has the 2 email addresses that I use and the quick texts and personal statuses are different as they should be ...

But although in the registry the entries seem to be different settings for the different accounts when I sign in with each I still get the same settings for each, I'll see if I can do anything about this.

I'm aware that I can export and import the preferences etc but this is a pain to do every time I sign in with the other account.

Also, looking the the registry the settings of the scripts seem to be in the global settings, is there anyway to have per account settings for which plugins are enabled?? (for some/most scripts it has per account settings for the actual script settings but not per account whether they are enabled or not ...)

And I just noticed that there is a registry entry called DefaultUser in the main MP!L folder, what's it for ... ??

This post was edited on 06-30-2006 at 11:04 AM by the andyman.
06-30-2006 10:43 AM
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by the andyman
Thanks: it has the 2 email addresses that I use and the quick texts and personal statuses are different as they should be ...

But although in the registry the entries seem to be different settings for the different accounts when I sign in with each I still get the same settings for each, I'll see if I can do anything about this.

I'm aware that I can export and import the preferences etc but this is a pain to do every time I sign in with the other account.
Do you use Plus!Live Polygamy or a patch/loader for polygamy? I've tested it here and i do get different preferences loaded.
quote:
Also, looking the the registry the settings of the scripts seem to be in the global settings, is there anyway to have per account settings for which plugins are enabled?? (for some/most scripts it has per account settings for the actual script settings but not per account whether they are enabled or not ...)
I don't think this is possible now (atleast it isn't through preferences panel...), but i do like this suggestion and will pass it on (will prolly be more like an install scripts for all/me only option but i'll ask).

This post was edited on 06-30-2006 at 11:13 AM by Sunshine.
06-30-2006 11:03 AM
the andyman

Windows Live Fanatic

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: Multiple emails with different settings?
quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
Do you use Plus!Live Polygamy or a patch/loader for polygamy? I've tested it here and i do get different preferences loaded.
I'll try turning it off and see what I get ...
quote:
I don't think this is possible now (atleast it isn't through preferences panel...), but i do like this suggestion and will pass it on (will prolly be more like an install scripts for all/me only option).

This post was edited on 06-30-2006 at 11:09 AM by the andyman.
06-30-2006 11:08 AM
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
RE: RE: RE: Multiple emails with different settings?
quote:
And I just noticed that there is a registry entry called DefaultUser in the main MP!L folder, what's it for ... ??
This regkey is used to store the settings of the user who last signed in. These settings are used when you start up WLM next time before you log in.
quote:
quote:
I'll try turning it off and see what I get ...
I mean if you use the built in one of Plus! it shouldn't give these problems as it does not at mine ;)
quote:
quote:
I don't think this is possible now (atleast it isn't through preferences panel...), but i do like this suggestion and will pass it on (will prolly be more like an install scripts for all/me only option).

I gotta admit i do not remember if plugins were listed/enabled per account with Plus!3. But anyways i've passed on the suggestion...who knows ;)

This post was edited on 06-30-2006 at 03:11 PM by Sunshine.
06-30-2006 02:50 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Multiple emails with different settings?
quote:
same as in Plus!3, to set some default settings for when a new account is being logged in, an account for which no settings exist yet.

There are some (old) threads about it too...

quote:
quote:
Also, looking the the registry the settings of the scripts seem to be in the global settings, is there anyway to have per account settings for which plugins are enabled??(for some/most scripts it has per account settings for the actual script settings but not per account whether they are enabled or not ...)
I don't think this is possible now (atleast it isn't through preferences panel...), but i do like this suggestion and will pass it on (will prolly be more like an install scripts for all/me only option but i'll ask).
IDEA: Scripts should be able to activate / disable them on a per user basis

This post was edited on 06-30-2006 at 05:01 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
06-30-2006 04:59 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: