What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [request] Don't draw smilies while writing them

[request] Don't draw smilies while writing them
Author: Message:
wuah@hotmail.com

O.P. [request] Don't draw smilies while writing them
Hello

Anyone knows of a script which can make the smilies NOT to appear before I press "send" and then only in the conversation window...

Regards

06-27-2006 07:57 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

...in the wake of the aNILEator

35 / Male / Flag
RE: [request] Don't draw smilies while writing them
we know what you want, this should be possible with the extra addon stuffplug 3 (was due for a complete name change but i beleive TB changed his minds again and is using the stuffplug name again) that is due out soon (i bet september 11th TB's Birthday as he didn't release it last year on this date either when he wanted too) keep your eyes peeled on www.stuffplug.com for more details

This post was edited on 06-27-2006 at 09:43 PM by aNILEator.
06-27-2006 09:41 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: [request] Don't draw smilies while writing them
Please don't double post, it is against the rules... be patient, this isn't  chat channel. Not every thread will be read immediatly and not every question can be answered by everyone... eventually someone will reply to your question though...

^^  see... I reply now ;):p

-----------

anyways, to cut the my  crap...

What you ask for can only be done by altering the internal code of Messenger. In other words, it must be patched (which is illegal todo btw if you do it on the exe file).

The only program I know of which certainly can do this is StuffPlug. But there isn't a version available yet for WLM. You also may to try to search for the "MessPatch" on mess.be or the "A-Patch" (threads can be found on this forum). Maybe one of them has this feature also; though if one of them has it, it would probably be MessPatch.

The guy, TheBlasphemer, who first "discovered" how to disable this auto-showing of the emoticons, is the author of StuffPlug and he is also one of the people who provide stuff for MessPatch...

Because he is the one who first discovered this, I'm not going to give you the exact locations and bytes to change for WLM; that's up to TheBlasphemer, sorry... If I did publish them many people would simply copy them and TheBlasphamer would loose an unique function in his StuffPlug.

So in short: to do this, you must use StuffPlug (of which a version for Windows Live Messenger doesn't exist yet) or MessPatch (if this patch program has that feature as I'm not sure about that)...

This post was edited on 06-27-2006 at 09:55 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
06-27-2006 09:50 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: