What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » *** Missing *** Personalized Status Auto-Enable Time

*** Missing *** Personalized Status Auto-Enable Time
Author: Message:
hiqbal

Naive

43 / Male / –
O.P. Undecided  *** Missing *** Personalized Status Auto-Enable Time
I have noticed that the personalized status is missing the enabling time as it was in the earlier versions. For example: When I change my status to AWAY personalized status window used to ask after how much time you want to enable personalized status. It is not there anymore. What happens is, if messenger/internet disconnects and your personalized status was "sleeping" it will auto sign in again when the connection is recovered but with an online status when you are sleeping. So in case of a disconnection the personalized timer helps, like if messenger reconnects after a minute or couple of seconds your status stays as it was selected before disconnecting. It happened as I left my status "Sleeping" and after the messenger connected ..my status remained ONLINE!!!! :|

This post was edited on 06-28-2006 at 07:10 AM by hiqbal.
[Image: hiqbal.png]
06-28-2006 07:09 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
borofan1986

36 / Male / –
RE: *** Missing *** Personalized Status Auto-Enable Time
I am a little confused, when you say that "It is not there anymore", I can actually see it.

When I change my status to anything other than online, the pop up window comes up and there is a timer section that can be used, in the way that you have described.

Is it just me, or have i got the wrong end of the stick :S
06-28-2006 09:20 AM
hiqbal

Naive

43 / Male / –
O.P. RE: *** Missing *** Personalized Status Auto-Enable Time
Well, that timer is there but what it does is it de-personalizes ur message after the specified time. Like I changed my status to sleeping and gave a 1 minute timer. After 1 minute the status changed to only AWAY .. and sleeping status was disabled. What we need is when the messenger or internet disconnects while u had a personalized status for example: SLEEPING .. and then internet comes back in a minute .. Live messenger gets automatically connected but it should bring like within specified time same status i.e. SLEEPING .. what's happening is .. in such case, it still has the status ONLINE .. when signed in after disconnection .. I hope this is understood.
06-28-2006 09:38 AM
borofan1986

36 / Male / –
Yes I understand what you are saying :)

However, to test the problem that you have been having, i set my status to a newly created personalised status. I then set the timer for 10 minutes. I immediately disconnected from the internet (by removing the wireless adaptor in my computer) and then re-inserted it.
WLM then disconnected and reconnected still with my status in tact as to what i set it to before i was disconnected.

Hope this is understood, or am I barking up the wrong tree here?
Apologies if I am
06-28-2006 10:16 AM
hiqbal

Naive

43 / Male / –
yes, i did the same thing but my standard live messenger sign in is APPEAR OFFLINE .. Let me change the default value to ONLINE and then plug out/in my wireless adapter ... If it comes to the personalized status its even better .. Lemme do that .. Thanks for ur effort too with checking ..
06-28-2006 10:27 AM
borofan1986

36 / Male / –
Ok, no problem :)

Post your findings to see if it is now sorted

borofan1986

This post was edited on 06-28-2006 at 11:25 AM by borofan1986.
06-28-2006 10:39 AM
hiqbal

Naive

43 / Male / –
yep it works fine ... The personalized status stays intact when messenger re-connects
06-29-2006 07:20 AM
borofan1986

36 / Male / –
Pleased it is now sorted :)
06-29-2006 07:45 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version