What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » transparency bug

transparency bug
Author: Message:
qgroessl
Veteran Member

33 / – / Flag
O.P. transparency bug
I have a transparency bug... Whenever I have my contact list transparent (at all, no matter how much of it is)... my contact list gets screwed up.... it freezes... but then it doesn't freeze. I have 3 groups, and I like to keep them closed to keep it looking clean... But then with it transparent I can't always open them, and I have to x out the contact list window, and double click the task bar icon to reopen it for it to work.

P.S. Tried a search, didn't see anything about this.
06-28-2006 02:07 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
markee
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
RE: transparency bug
I tried myself just then to replicate your poblem but it didn't happen and I know my brother has been using the transparency on our other computer without any problems.  Could be a problem with your graphics card or memmory?  Apart from this hav you tried re-installing plus! to see if that works? (sometimes it helps)
[Image: markee.png]
06-28-2006 02:26 PM
qgroessl
Veteran Member

33 / – / Flag
O.P. RE: transparency bug
quote:
Originally posted by markee
Could be a problem with your graphics card or memmory
Could be the graphics card... I have no clue what we have in...

Memory    : 287/383 MB  (load: 75%)

That's with 2 ie windows open, contact list, 2 IM windows....

GFX    : NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 420 64MB @ 800x600 (75HZ)

That's my video card

I used the computer details script.
06-28-2006 02:30 PM
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
You will most likely find this to be a Windows problem. I doubt Patchou could find a fix for it :P. However, if others have the problem (I don't) then it is something for Patchou to look into :). Have you tryed another Windows Theme, do you have any theme programs running?
06-28-2006 02:40 PM
qgroessl
Veteran Member

33 / – / Flag
nope... just Windows XP.... I have the classic taskbar with a picture of my brothers stock car in the background.... no themes.... :p I don't need to make my desktop look all cool :p
06-28-2006 02:43 PM
markee
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
Well turning the transparency on only added about 300k of memmory so that shouldn't have concerned you too much.  I think your graphics card should be able to handle the transparency, but I'm nowhere near an expert in being able to make a definite call on that.  Easiest way I can think of to make sure it isn't your hardware causing the issue would be straight after a restart the computer to not open other applications and make the first thing you do is to test to see if the same problem occurs. Apart from that maybe re-install MP!L or hope that someone else can help you.

This post was edited on 06-28-2006 at 02:55 PM by markee.
[Image: markee.png]
06-28-2006 02:45 PM
qgroessl
Veteran Member

33 / – / Flag
yeah... I'll try reinstalling MP!L in a little while... don't feel like it right now.... Hopefully it works... it's weird because it doesn't happen all the time... but then sometimes it does... and then it's fixed so easily by just closing and reopening the contact list....

One last thing I forgot to mention is that when it's froze or whatever, if I click on a group once, like to open it, then close the contact list, and reopen it, the group will be open like i wanted it to be.... weird.
06-28-2006 04:51 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: