What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Help On Scripts ???

Help On Scripts ???
Author: Message:
mitz

– / Male / –
O.P. Huh?  Help On Scripts ???
hi i am a totaly newbie at this and have jus read the help file for creating scripts ... i understand it a little but am still confused ...could you just tell me some functions and give me an example as i would love to learn all of this - i am sorry if this is annoying but please help me

i would like someone to explain to me about all these commands you can do and what they can be used for as i am very confused.... please can someone explain this to me pleaseeee ...

also a problem i found when i created a scriot is that when i saved it all to a zip file and then changed the file extension to a plsc ... and clicked on it - it said that is was not a valid script for live - how do i come around this problem .... 

finaly if you dont mind could someone make a script that will tell me when a person opens a convastions with you and when they close it again - can you put this as it would be in the script so i can learn it please... i would be mos grateful and hope someone can help me .... i thank you very much if this is done :D

This post was edited on 08-12-2006 at 04:49 PM by mitz.
08-12-2006 04:31 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Eddie
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: Help On Scripts ???
quote:
Originally posted by mitz

also a problem i found when i created a scriot is that when i saved it all to a zip file and then changed the file extension to a plsc ... and clicked on it - it said that is was not a valid script for live - how do i come around this problem .... 
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=61...d=680970#pid680970
quote:

finaly if you dont mind could someone make a script that will tell me when a person opens a convastions with you and when they close it again - can you put this as it would be in the script so i can learn it please... i would be mos grateful and hope someone can help me .... i thank you very much if this is done :D
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=64...d=706781#pid706781
that only has when someone opens convo with you but it is ok ;)

This post was edited on 08-12-2006 at 04:48 PM by Eddie.
...there used to be a signature here :)
08-12-2006 04:44 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Thor
Veteran Member

Awwwwwwww.

31 / – / Flag
quote:
i would like someone to explain to me about all these commands you can do and what they can be used for as i am very confused.... please can someone explain this to me pleaseeee ...
Actually there is an explaination for each function and the boolean.
quote:
Your script needs a ScriptInfo.xml that's in unicode (small endian not sure).

There's an page in the MP!LSD that says what you need to make a valid script.
quote:
finaly if you dont mind could someone make a script that will tell me when a person opens a convastions with you and when they close it again - can you put this as it would be in the script so i can learn it please... i would be mos grateful and hope someone can help me .... i thank you very much if this is done
This has been made, and actually works (mostly, sometimes fake alarm, but actually works), and it's called Live Notifier :)
And if I'm not wrong, the way to get when someone opens a window, is in .dll's not in pure JScript.

:) Hope this was helpful
:plus4: Translation guidelines for Messenger Plus! Live
I'm no longer around this town, but I miss the community dearly. You can always find me lurking in #banana, or at
nitrolinken.net.
08-12-2006 04:44 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
mitz

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: Help On Scripts ???
thank you mate - for this it was rally helpful ... do you mind me asking one more thing ... that is how do you fully make a toast ... can you give me an example of a simple toast that when you clicks leads to a website and you can play a sound file from it ... please i would really love it if one of you can help
08-12-2006 04:47 PM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
Matty's reply to Link on toast window
alexp2_ad's reply to Link on toast window
Matty's reply to whats wrong about this line ?

Not to be rude but we have a search feature for a reason.
08-12-2006 05:04 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: