What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [?] Registering notifications for a window control

[?] Registering notifications for a window control
Author: Message:
Matti
Elite Member

Script Developer and Helper

32 / Male / Flag
O.P. Huh?  [?] Registering notifications for a window control
Good, since the introduction of the PlusWnd::RegisterMessageNotification function I saw this as the solution to my child windows resizing problem. And yes, it was. By registering WM_SIZE and WM_SIZING for my main window I don't need a timer anymore to refresh the size. :)

However, I still have a timer for my window. This timer is used to update the preview which shows how the countdown will look like. RegisterMessageNotification works for PlusWnd objects, but how can I make it work for a control? *-) So, for example, when the date of a DateTimeControl is changed (DTN_DATETIMECHANGE), it should trigger a function.

This post was edited on 11-18-2006 at 11:23 AM by Matti.
Plus! Script Developer | Plus! Beta Tester | Creator of Countdown Live | Co-developer of Screenshot Sender 5

Found my post useful? Rate me!
11-18-2006 11:19 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: [?] Registering notifications for a window control
quote:
Originally posted by Mattike
Good, since the introduction of the PlusWnd::RegisterMessageNotification function I saw this as the solution to my child windows resizing problem. And yes, it was. By registering WM_SIZE and WM_SIZING for my main window I don't need a timer anymore to refresh the size. :)

However, I still have a timer for my window. This timer is used to update the preview which shows how the countdown will look like. RegisterMessageNotification works for PlusWnd objects, but how can I make it work for a control? *-) So, for example, when the date of a DateTimeControl is changed (DTN_DATETIMECHANGE), it should trigger a function.
Not possible, it is only for Plus! Windows.
11-18-2006 12:58 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Matti
Elite Member

Script Developer and Helper

32 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [?] Registering notifications for a window control
So, there's no way to do this? :(

Then I better keep my timer. 8-)
Plus! Script Developer | Plus! Beta Tester | Creator of Countdown Live | Co-developer of Screenshot Sender 5

Found my post useful? Rate me!
11-18-2006 01:35 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
deAd
Scripting Contest Winner

– / Male / Flag
RE: [?] Registering notifications for a window control
A message should be sent to the parent window when it's changed, or at least a click message -- you can register that too.
11-18-2006 03:10 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: