What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » sound library

sound library
Author: Message:
mandy

O.P. sound library
all my sounds in the sound library suddenly disappeared :(............i dont know how but they did...is there any way to get them back
06-29-2006 02:45 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: sound library
quote:
Originally posted by mandy
all my sounds in the sound library suddenly disappeared :(............i dont know how but they did...is there any way to get them back
What version of Messenger Plus! are you using?

If you use Messenger Plus! 3.xx.xxx, use the Sound Library Fixer (not compatible yet with Plus! Live). This will re-add all your custom sounds provided you still have the custom sounds of course. If they were deleted from your hard disk there is nothing which will bring them back.

This post was edited on 06-29-2006 at 11:03 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
06-29-2006 10:59 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
mandy

O.P. RE: sound library
oh but im using msg plus live...................
06-29-2006 08:02 PM
Reload2

-> The second Reload <-

31 / Male / –
Check if your sounds are on your computer before. By default, they are stored: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Messenger Plus!\Custom Sounds
06-29-2006 08:04 PM
mandy

O.P. RE: sound library
theres 5 on there but only the one where someenes yawning and somebody says boring, and howdy....then 2 that i added earlier :|
06-29-2006 09:04 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Then you have permanently lost all your sounds and no "library fixer" or whatever would be able to retrieve them. Nothing we can do, sorry... :(

They probably dissapeared when you cleaned up your PC or accidently deleted some stuff etc. They don't get deleted on their own though...

Next time make a soundpack as backup, so you could always restore all your sounds in case you've lost them ;)

This post was edited on 06-29-2006 at 10:15 PM by CookieRevised.
06-29-2006 10:13 PM
sufcste

Bring on the Premiership!

35 / Male / –
When I upgraded to MP!L 4 from MP! 3 I had all my custom sounds, but then when I uninstalled MP! 3, they vanished. I assume as they are no longer in that directory they have been deleted? MP!L doesn't change their directory or anything does it?
Meat Loaf 6404 days, 8 hours, 19 minutes, 47 seconds ago and in 6179 days, 8 hours, 19 minutes, 47 seconds ago!!! :D
07-03-2006 09:26 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by sufcste
I assume as they are no longer in that directory they have been deleted? MP!L doesn't change their directory or anything does it?
Indeed, when there are no physical files in that diretory anymore, there is nothing to recover and your sounds are lost.

quote:
Originally posted by sufcste
When I upgraded to MP!L 4 from MP! 3 I had all my custom sounds, but then when I uninstalled MP! 3, they vanished.
Thanks for noting this. It sounds stupid but I never thought of that scenario (as it was maybe too obvious), but I couldn't believe it was a bug either.

The people who experience this "sounds disappeared in Plus!Live"-bug most likely uninstalled Plus!3 with the option "Remove all files too".

So, in essence this isn't a bug at all but 'just' a problem of not knowing that both Plus! and Plus! Live use the same directory for the sound library files....

In the end, not much can be done for this though, except to tell people to first create a soundpack of all their sounds as a backup, so they can later re-import them in Plus! Live...

This post was edited on 07-03-2006 at 01:06 PM by CookieRevised.
07-03-2006 01:05 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: