What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Dear Patchou

Dear Patchou
Author: Message:
ToMaToGoD

O.P. Dear Patchou
Dear Patchou,

First of all thank you for all your hard work reguarding messenger plus! The new version is amazing! packed with new features and enhanceing everything to do with messenger - you have made one of the best instant messenging program even better! :)

I have a few minor issues, the first one reguarding the auto accept of video calls, im sure you are already aware of this bug but just thought i'd make sure :)

Secondly is a request- I was wondering if it were possible to include the ability to put a lock or password on a share folder for a cirtain contact, I think this feature would improve the already excellent privacy functions that you have provided us with.

Thank you for taking the time to read my suggestion and thank you for produceing such a professional piece of software.

ToMaToGoD =D 
06-28-2006 06:40 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
qgroessl
Veteran Member

33 / – / Flag
RE: Dear Patchou
quote:
Originally posted by ToMaToGoD
Secondly is a request- I was wondering if it were possible to include the ability to put a lock or password on a share folder for a cirtain contact, I think this feature would improve the already excellent privacy functions that you have provided us with.

I'm pretty sure somebody's making a script for that as we speak.... or something close to that.... I'll see if I can find that.

quote:
Originally posted by Mr. G
Hello ToMaToGoD,
Patchou will apretiate your thread and it's contents because you are the first one to do such a thread only for Patchou, I may try to work on a Patchou Fan Club as the Fan Club WDZ have (Please everybody don't steal my idea)! I thank you too Patchou and I appreciate your good work Plus! Live works great in here and your suggestion ToMaToGoD is a very goog suggestion I hope Patchou will Include it!

Mr. G

Umm... no... :p you don't know what your talking about..... at all....

EDIT:... the reason is because there's been a lot of threads with the same contents in regards to thanking Patchou.... and WDZ's Fan Club was/is a joke.... haha.... people signed up because it was fun.... there have been other fan clubs, that all got shot down because they were copied ideas from WDZ's spam Fan Club

This post was edited on 06-28-2006 at 07:00 PM by qgroessl.
06-28-2006 06:52 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
I have a few minor issues, the first one reguarding the auto accept of video calls, im sure you are already aware of this bug but just thought i'd make sure :)
You forgot to mention what the bug is ;) So... what about the auto-accept of video calls?

EDIT: is it another bug than what has been described here:
"Auto Accept for Video not working" ? If so, explain it please...

quote:
Secondly is a request- I was wondering if it were possible to include the ability to put a lock or password on a share folder for a cirtain contact
To lock the entire shared main folder or one of its subfolders: such stuff needs to be done by Microsoft itself. This isn't possible for Plus!. Remember that the shared folders are actually real files and folders you'll find on your hard drive; it isn't something which only exists from inside Windows Live Messenger. Even if Windows Live Messenger isn't running you could still access those files and folders on your hard disk.

This also means that locking these folders and files and stuff are the responsebility of Windows itself; they are handled as any other file or folder.

But note: If you don't want a specific contact to download something from your shared folders than simply deleted your shared folder with that contact. Shared folders are contact specific: two contacts can not download from the same folder, they each have their own folder on your hard disk.

-----------------------------

@ "Mr. G", "WTF", "Viewer", "wow how cute!", "gjs1992" or whatever your next account name will be :dodgy:

It's not because the thread title says "dear patchou" that this is a thread where you simply can post how much you love patchou. This is Help and Support and ToMaToGoD actually 1) reports a bug and 2) makes a suggestion. This thread is by no means a post a "I love you patchou" post thread. If you can't provide usefull information, please do not post/spam.

This post was edited on 06-28-2006 at 07:09 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
06-28-2006 06:55 PM
ToMaToGoD

O.P. RE: Dear Patchou
Thank you both for your replys, sorry that I did not explain myself better reguarding the bug of auto acceptance of video calls I shall try to do so now...

I have selected that I want Plus! to auto accept everything from one specific contact, everything auto accepts except Video calling, I did a search on this to see if had been mentioned already, and it had so this is why I was pretty sure that it is an already known bug.

Sorry if i started another 'I love Patchou' war =D but we do love him and all of the people who work on plus! especially the testers ;)

Thanks again for your replys

ToMaToGoD
06-30-2006 01:14 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
qgroessl
Veteran Member

33 / – / Flag
quote:
Sorry if i started another 'I love Patchou' war =D but we do love him and all of the people who work on plus! especially the testers
No problem.. it was just that user that likes to spam... :p just be sure that you look at that thread that cookie put there because it probably has some information quite useful to what you're looking for.
06-30-2006 03:59 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: