What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [Request]What Stuffplug will not have anymore...

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
[Request]What Stuffplug will not have anymore...
Author: Message:
tbcat

O.P. RE: [Request]What Stuffplug will not have anymore...
Ok, thanks for the info ^_^

(by the way, I moderate a forum as well (not an msn forum, but an anime forum XD) and I know how frustrating it is to answer/explain the same thing thousends of time, that's why a recommend to name the script the way a I did and not a "open windows convo", but I think, as you say, that a lot of people will misunderstand it all the same... Even though I still think that that's not a reason to just donīt do it)

About the x minutes for the "closed window" notify, I said, because the reasons you have already told, that even that way it wouldn`t be 100% accurate, but I think that at least it would stop the "closed windows" notify to appear once and again after many minutes from de last message... It is a improvement, no a solution ^_^ (great idea to make the user choose the time, I hadnīt thought about it!)

About the patches that delete the "user is writing a message" message, I hadnīt thought about that neither... But as I said, it was a way to make it more accurate, not a solution :P
07-04-2006 08:17 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Brodiebaby2020

Undecided  RE: [Request]What Stuffplug will not have anymore...
I downloaded this.. and it keeps telling me people are opening convos with me but they are offline :S

This post was edited on 07-05-2006 at 11:14 AM by Brodiebaby2020.
07-05-2006 11:14 AM
rob_botch

33 / Male / Flag
RE: [Request]What Stuffplug will not have anymore...
At the risk of sounding stupid, what is actually the point of knowing when a contact opens a window anyway? If they are going to talk, you'll see the message. Surely you can wait the few seconds between opening a window and typing a message?

I may have missed something, but I really don't see the point.
07-05-2006 11:21 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Mushroom_Man

That crazy guy

RE: [Request]What Stuffplug will not have anymore...
Personally, I'm more curious about when someone closes the window. As I remember, that also happened to be (a bit) more reliable.
07-05-2006 12:31 PM
Brodiebaby2020

RE: RE: [Request]What Stuffplug will not have anymore...
quote:
Originally posted by rob_botch
At the risk of sounding stupid, what is actually the point of knowing when a contact opens a window anyway? If they are going to talk, you'll see the message. Surely you can wait the few seconds between opening a window and typing a message?

I may have missed something, but I really don't see the point.

I sometimes like to change my status if someone i can't be  bothered with opens a convo with me.. lolol. :]
07-05-2006 04:23 PM
MisterFreak

=)

33 / Male / –
RE: RE: [Request]What Stuffplug will not have anymore...
quote:
Originally posted by Mushroom_Man
Personally, I'm more curious about when someone closes the window. As I remember, that also happened to be (a bit) more reliable.

Well..that isn't my experience..it kept telling me that someone closed their window...almost after every message they send..and they didn't close it..i asked it many times.
[Image: mfsigg.jpg]
07-05-2006 07:20 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
tbcat

O.P. RE: [Request]What Stuffplug will not have anymore...
I found it useful to know when someone closed the windows (with a bit of practice it was easy to know when was real and when was a false alarm with as much as 90% of accurancy (in my case))

To know when a user opened a windows was useful to know just for fun, to take my contacts by surprise XD (although it was a bit less accurate because of obvious reasons :S)
07-05-2006 07:56 PM
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: