What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Request: Tabbed chats - taskbar button menu options order

Request: Tabbed chats - taskbar button menu options order
Author: Message:
mOBSCENE

O.P. Request: Tabbed chats - taskbar button menu options order
When using tabbed chats, you get the following order of options when you rightclick the chatwindow button in the taskbar:

- contactnames -
---------------------
Restore
Minimize
Maximize
---------------------
Close current chat
Close all chats

I was wondering if the below two options could trade places, as I'm used to close a single window with the lowest option. Instead, when now clicking 'Close all chats', all chat windows be closed (although they're tabbed in one single window ofcourse). But for me it would make more sense to only close the active chatwindow with the lowest close option in the menu. Currently I accidently close all chat windows everytime I want to close just the active one :)
Maybe it's even possible to put another line between the 'Close all' and 'Close current' options, as for all other windows the close options is a litter taller.

Hope I'm not asking to much :P Overall I'm very happy with the new release! Keep up the good work guys! (Y)

Other small question: I read something about a 'notify when someone starts a conversation with you' option, but I can't seem to find it in the options anywhere. Any hint? :)
06-25-2006 02:25 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
mOBSCENE

O.P. RE: Request: Tabbed chats - taskbar button menu options order
*bump*

No-one with an answer? Is this the right place to make a request?
06-30-2006 03:31 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Request: Tabbed chats - taskbar button menu options order
Not quite: General Talk ;)

As for the reordering, I think it makes more sense the way it is. After all, all chats are in the same 'window', and using the lowest option to close the window is consistent with general UI practises.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
06-30-2006 03:49 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: