What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [Release] NickChange 1.5

Pages: (9): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 6 7 8 » Last »
1 votes - 5 average   [Release] NickChange 1.5
Author: Message:
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
RE: [Release] NickChange 1.1
maybe you could add a feature whereby you could setup special nicknames for special days for example in the recent "talk like a pirate day" (september 19th) it could change your nickname to your pirate nickname for that day and then on september 20th go back to the regular file for nicknames this would be really cool.
09-21-2006 06:26 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
hello

37 / Female / –
its awsome :D
09-22-2006 06:39 AM
J-Thread

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: [Release] NickChange 1.1
I will try to make some time for this plugin in a week, I'll try to implement most of the suggestions done here. I saw a few good ones, so I'd like to have them done, but unfortunatly I live a busy life!

Well, I'm happy with my busy life, so no complains about that, but it's just too bad for people that wait for a NickChange update:P
09-22-2006 08:47 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
salsa2008

sooooooooooooo nice
10-21-2006 07:54 AM
J-Thread

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: [Release] NickChange 1.1
The update has been submitted to the scripts database, I like to wait till it is uploaded there, so I can keep a good count of the amount of downloads... So you will have to wait a little longer...
10-22-2006 12:00 PM
yum9me

– / Male / –
Maybe you should add the feature to force the script to change the name. It would be good for if you want to change it without waiting the allocated time.
[Image: yum9me.png]
10-25-2006 07:08 AM
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
like a command that you can trigger that will make it change instantly, this sounds much like what webshots do, they cycle the wallpaper every so often but if you hold ctrl and press w it will cycle there and then and reset the timer to cycle the specificied cycle delay starting from time of last cycle (the one you triggered if you triggered one) if you didnt trigger one it will be from time of last automated cycle. sounds a great idea to me.
10-25-2006 12:14 PM
J-Thread

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: [Release] NickChange 1.2
See the first post of this thread for an update!
11-03-2006 10:21 AM
yum9me

– / Male / –
RE: [Release] NickChange 1.2
First off, good job with the update. I love that now you can have categories.

Secondly, if you don't have any names in the first category of your text files with names and switch to it (for example you might put your names in the "Names" category and leave "Default" blank) you get an error message saying you need at least one name. I have names in the other categories that i can use so maybe you could change it so that error message only come up if you have no names in any category but come up with a message saying that you don't have names in this category, please go into edit nicknames and select a category with names in it.

Thirdly, on the nicknames edit part, it has just enough room to fit 6 nicknames but the last little part of the last name is slightly cut off. Is it possibly to make the box a tiny bit bigger so it doesn't cut off the bottoms of the letters.

Lastly, i think you should also have the option to be able to use all categories in your nickname so you can have like a mix of your nicknames from your assorted categories. For example an "All" in the category bar which will read all of the categories and use them all.

Anyway, its a great script and i would recommend it to anyone! Keep up the good work!!!
[Image: yum9me.png]
11-03-2006 07:41 PM
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
RE: [Release] NickChange 1.2
quote:
Originally posted by yum9me
Lastly, i think you should also have the option to be able to use all categories in your nickname so you can have like a mix of your nicknames from your assorted categories. For example an "All" in the category bar which will read all of the categories and use them all.

Anyway, its a great script and i would recommend it to anyone! Keep up the good work!!!

a good start but perhaps we can expand on that last bit, for example i have a whole tone of nicknames programmed into my naming file but they are all >LAVA> DemonSlayer with different colour codes for each instance of my name, so it changes colour. i created a category for all of those called ">LAVA> DemonSlayer" and moved all my nicknames thus far into that category, leaving none in my "default" category. now the script is fine about me doing that but what if i make more categories with different names in them what would be cool is if like in webshots (a program that can randomise pictures changing it to a new random picture on your desktop each day or every so often) that you in the config screen tick the boxes of the categories you want nickchange to use, if a category isnt ticked then it isn't used, further more you could add a select all and clear all button so you can in a single click select all category check boxes or untick them all.

we can add further functionality if gradient script is installed then nickchange will let you use the nickname designer (being designed for version 3.1 i beleive) to create the colour codes and whatever's in the name box gets colourised in that design (scripts helping scripts) also it would be nice if when in the add/edit nickname screen you got to preview what your nickname will actually look like so you can decide if the colour coding suites the name or not before you save the changes.

if your computer dies youll lose all those wonderful nicknames you spent hours designing so why not add functionality for users to export their lists to a dingle file that after a format they can just go into nickchange click the import button and viola all there nicknames and nickchanges settings are fully restored.

just a few ideas to be getting on with for now but as yum9me said you did a great job with the update i certainly updated and am really looking forward to future versions.
11-03-2006 08:53 PM
Pages: (9): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 6 7 8 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: