What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Simple Suggestion..

Simple Suggestion..
Author: Message:
Gonik

Plus! Fan

39 / Male / –
O.P. Simple Suggestion..
Hey there people.. nice to be here :)

Actually i have a suggestion to make. I hope this is the right forum to do so.

I was thinking if it is possible to add 2 (or 3) tabs in the "Send an instant message" window that pop-ups after you right click the Messenger's icon on the taskbar and clicking the option there.

Those two (or three :P) tabs will seperate the online buddies  from the offline ones. So let's say something like that:
  • tab named "Connected". Will include all the buddies connected with the MSN Network ('Busy', 'Away', 'Idle', 'BRB', 'Out Launch' and 'On a Call' budies will also appear here)
  • tab named "Offline". Will include all the budies that are currently offline.
  • (not really usefull, since you have the other two) tab named "Full List". It obviously display your whole buddie list.

That's my suggestion, hope you liked it and i really hope to become a feature in a future MsgPlusLive release :) (Y)

Gonik
07-01-2006 03:16 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Simple Suggestion..
quote:
Originally posted by Gonik
I hope this is the right forum to do so
Yes ;)
And the suggestion sounds quite good too.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
07-01-2006 01:43 PM
Gonik

Plus! Fan

39 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Simple Suggestion..
Thanx RaceProUK! nice to know that there is another one who found my suggestion usefull.
07-03-2006 05:43 PM
*Nena*

43 / Female / –
RE: Old features
Hi! I've been using msg plus since 2003 when a friend told me that I should use it, and I've never regreted it.
But in the last version, there are some features missing that were REALLY useful, there are 3 in particular I can remember now because I used them frecuently:
1- The shortcut to the custom emoticons window (ctrl+down), really useful because it was the only fast way to see ALL the emoticons.
2- The "disable personalized status" feature for every single chat window, because you could set an status with an auto-message for everyone and chat with someone you want (the filter does the same thing, but once you disabled the auto-message it stays the same no mather what happens, like closing the chat window)
3- The "block a group" or "unblock a group" feature, because it's really annoying to do it one contact at a time.
I hope you could add them to the next version again. I really miss those features ='(
Thanks for your help, and sorry for my english.

This post was edited on 07-04-2006 at 06:45 PM by *Nena*.
07-04-2006 08:37 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
sufcste

Bring on the Premiership!

35 / Male / –
RE: RE: Simple Suggestion..
quote:
Originally posted by *Nena*
1- The shortcut to the custom emoticons window (ctrl+down), really useful because it was the only fast way to see ALL the emoticons.

The ctrl + up/ctrl + down shortcuts are still there; they are used to scroll through your previous IMs (the page up and page down keys no longer do this). The feature that opens the emoticon window when ( is pressed I think is making a return in a future MP!L version.

This post was edited on 07-04-2006 at 04:02 PM by sufcste.
Meat Loaf 6404 days, 2 hours, 50 minutes, 34 seconds ago and in 6179 days, 2 hours, 50 minutes, 34 seconds ago!!! :D
07-04-2006 04:01 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
*Nena*

43 / Female / –
RE: Old features
Yes, I know the ctrl+down shortcut is still there, but I used it for the emoticon window. To scroll the previous messages I only used the ctrl+up.
It was my mistake, I should have only wrote about the emoticon window.
Thanks for your reply!
:)

This post was edited on 07-04-2006 at 06:45 PM by *Nena*.
07-04-2006 06:24 PM
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
The emoticon window appeared when you typed '(', and it wasn't changeable. You must have used something else to change the shortcut.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
07-04-2006 08:02 PM
*Nena*

43 / Female / –
When I first installed plus, I used the '(' to see the emoticon window.
But then, I think it was a year ago, one time when I was upgrading msn messenger and plus, the new option appeared (ctrl+down shortcut). It was in the preferences.
I couldnīt use the '(' until then.
07-04-2006 11:28 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: