What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [Request] New Away Status function

[Request] New Away Status function
Author: Message:
Firehalk

(Nicholas)

36 / Male / Flag
O.P. [Request] New Away Status function
Hey guys,

first, sorry for my bad english (u will know it) but I hope you can undestand my suggestion/question.

Plus Live is really perfect, I've really enjoy the new interface, it's a lot more practical.

Today I thought in an away function that, instead of after the user is something like 2 minutes away FROM THE COMPUTER show the user as away, this new away function could detect the time the user is away FROM THE MESSENGER ONLY. So, it would show you as online only if you click to open a conversation on msn messenger or if you open the main window of messenger.

I don't know if this is possible and/or easy to do, but in my case, this is REALLY useful, since sometimes I'm working on something like Photoshop (really concentrated) and I am not chating on the messenger, but messenger does not detect that I'm away from it (since the present away function is only addressed to the time I'm away from the PC).

Hope you guys understand my idea (and if this already exists, sorry).

Regards
Nicholas
07-02-2006 08:11 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Thor
Veteran Member

Awwwwwwww.

31 / – / Flag
RE: [Request] New Away Status function
Sounds like a good idea, must admit that would be useful! :)

I would have used it sometimes, not always, I don't wanna go as Away (idle) when I'm just chatting on IRC or being busy browsing.
:plus4: Translation guidelines for Messenger Plus! Live
I'm no longer around this town, but I miss the community dearly. You can always find me lurking in #banana, or at
nitrolinken.net.
07-02-2006 08:17 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: