What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Menu Checkmarks

Menu Checkmarks
Author: Message:
timbothegreat

– / Male / –
O.P. Menu Checkmarks
Hi

I'm looking for a way to place checkmarks (ticks) next to menu items for my script.  I have created a menu structure that contains an option to enable or disable various functionality and I would like to use the checkmarks found in regular Win32 menus.  I've searched through the forum and the documentation and I can't seem to find anything relating to it.  Maybe i'm searching for the wrong thing?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Cheers,
Timbo
06-26-2006 08:33 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Menu Checkmarks
If you are using the similar Menu as the Import/Export functionin the preferences I was talking to Patchou about it last night and he forgot to add a callback function for the menu items. So as of right now unfortunately it wont work.
06-26-2006 12:04 PM
timbothegreat

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: Menu Checkmarks
Thanks for the reply.

The menu i have created shows up when the MsgPlus! Icon is clicked either in the main Windows Live window or a conversation/chat window.  But if the functionality is not there, then it's not there!  Not to worry, I'll simply have to take a different approach regarding the user's ability to quickly enable or disable my script.

Thanks again,
Timbo
06-27-2006 01:42 AM
L. Coyote

Captain Obvious

38 / Male / Flag
RE: Menu Checkmarks
quote:
Originally posted by timbothegreat
I'll simply have to take a different approach regarding the user's ability to quickly enable or disable my script.

Consider that the menu is formed, generally, when the function onGetScriptMenu is called (when you click on the Plus! icon on the main WLM window and chat windows).

You return the menu then.

So, instead of checkmarks, why not just create the option "dynamically"? I mean this:

If the script is enabled, the menu appears as: "disable". When the script is disabled, the menu can be: "enable". The ID can be written that same way.

And you just handle it with onEvent_MenuClicked. :)

Hack, hack, hack!
Finally became a Systems Analyst! :spam:

07-07-2006 02:56 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
timbothegreat

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: Menu Checkmarks
Thanks for the reply Leonardo.

That's pretty much what I'm after, considering the checkmark functionality is not working.  What you've proposed is more than adequate.

Thanks,
Timbo
07-07-2006 07:24 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: