What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Translation Script

Translation Script
Author: Message:
Joereynolds89

O.P. Translation Script
Ok, theres alot of people which will need/want this as its just a very useful script and i no there are alot of people here that speak many different languages so putting the script together shouldnt be too hard!

BUT.... :P (hopefully this is possible)

Because im not a scripter im having to ask for this, i can script just very badly :P so anyone thats willing please make something which can take the message recieved and transfer it to another language automatically, default language being able to be sellected from a control panel!

If its just made in one language and the spaces for other languages to be put in are there theres alot of people that can fill it in and finish this off

Please reply :D im hoping this is possible to make i cant see why not but im not  scripter as ive said before, and it can also be made to translate messages in certain convos automatically too?? :D

Regards, Joe
07-05-2006 06:18 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
deAd
Scripting Contest Winner

– / Male / Flag
RE: Translation Script
Hmm, might make a sort of translation script. I already have code for it that I wrote a while ago. Maybe.
07-05-2006 06:19 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Joereynolds89

O.P. RE: Translation Script
Damn you guys do answer fast :p

Please try it :d if its possible to be automatic within the conversation screen then go go go :p

I no there will probably be a wait as theres alot of requests but this script is very useful for all gamers and general chaters, work matters etc if over msn :D
07-05-2006 06:23 PM
luisillo

yo

38 / Male / –
I don't want to ruin your hopes but, while talking on messenger there are too many option for saying the same thing, I mean, It's not common to type the whole words, most of them get abbreviated, others, simply get replaced by "same-sound" ones, and others are un-recognizable, so , if building a translator which works well is almost impossible just because of the nature of language and sintax, imagine making one which accepts infinite different options for each word.

The idea is very good, and I hope that someday it will be available, but 'till then we must relay on proffesional translators for those works to be done. They work hard and well, but they cannot be at our houses translating everything we type. I know why this script is requested but sadly I'm affraid it can't be done.

wishing for the day, :P
Regards, Luis
07-05-2006 07:05 PM
deAd
Scripting Contest Winner

– / Male / Flag
Oh, yes. Of course...however, mine is built off of online translation services ;)
07-05-2006 07:24 PM
MisterFreak

=)

33 / Male / –
RE: RE: Translation Script
quote:
Originally posted by deAd
Oh, yes. Of course...however, mine is built off of online translation services ;)

That's good...but then they should use proper language and not slang, and you should be prepared to get very buggy and funny translations because the online translators don't translate that good..:P but well..it's better then don't know what ever the hack the other person says so :P
[Image: mfsigg.jpg]
07-05-2006 07:28 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
foaly

38 / Male / Flag
translating is something a computer can't do correct...
so translations are buggy but who cares... mostly you can understand it...
07-05-2006 07:31 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: