What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Trouble With Outlook Since Installing Plus! Live

Trouble With Outlook Since Installing Plus! Live
Author: Message:
Majoraslayer

Thunder Chunks

36 / Male / –
O.P. Sad  Trouble With Outlook Since Installing Plus! Live
Alright, I first went to the IRC chat to ask this question but no one was available to answer.  To make it easier, I'll just provide a quote from what I said there.

quote:
Originally posted by Majoraslayer
<Majoraslayer> I don't know if I'm in the right place to ask this, but I'm having some trouble connecting to my POP3 email account through Outlook Express.  The problem started when I set up Messenger Plus! to connect to it, and after I removed the account from Messenger, Outlook Express still can't connect.  I've made no changes to the settings in Outlook Express, and it has never had this problem before.

<Majoraslayer> I've contacted my ISP, and they referred me to ask here.  I can still log in to web mail, but I can't get Outlook or Outlook express to connect to the POP3 server.  If I change the port to 80 (HTTP) it can find the servers, but it can't log in.  With the default port it has always used, it can't even find the servers.
08-12-2006 05:34 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Trouble With Outlook Since Installing Plus! Live
What are the POP3 Settings for your account? I strongly doubt that Messenger Plus! is the culprit here but we can try and help anyways.

With the default account settings (port numbers mainly) what is the error code given to you from Outlook Express? If you take your POP3 mail server address can you ping it without any problems?

To ping the mail server goto:
> Start
> Run
> cmd *click ok *
> type ping mailserver (where mailserver is the POP3 mailserver you have specified.

What are the results of this?
08-12-2006 05:39 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Majoraslayer

Thunder Chunks

36 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Trouble With Outlook Since Installing Plus! Live
Oh, hold on; I figured it out.  For some reason PeerGuardian suddenly started blocking it.  Thanks for the help anyway!
08-12-2006 05:49 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: