What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [Request] Voice Clip Saver

[Request] Voice Clip Saver
Author: Message:
Keikonium

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. [Request] Voice Clip Saver
*welcomes self to the fourms*

I have been a Plus! user since msn 7.0. The day Plus! Live came out, I upgraded to WLM :). I love the new chat log system :D!

Anywhoo...

I would like to request a script to be made. What it would do is automatically save each voice clip received to a folder in My Documents (or elsewhere).

I think the voice clips are temporarly saved in the cashe of some folder, then cleared when the convo is exited. I usually just save each voice clip, but doing that with 50-60 voice clips almost every day is very straining -_-.

Now with the introduction of scripts, I think this would be a nice little tool. If it isn't to much trouble, would someone mind throwing one together for me (A)?

Nothing fancy (unless you would like to), just as long as it autosaves each voice clip :).

Thanks ^___^
07-05-2006 11:21 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
mathieumg

34 / Male / Flag
RE: [Request] Voice Clip Saver
If it is possible to know which folder, it could be done as Plus! fires a event and has a parameter to tell if it is a voice clips when a message is received.
Official MessengerPlus! Live French Translator
Official StuffPlug 3 French Translator

:)
07-06-2006 12:29 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Joereynolds89

Make it to save it within C://Documents and Se..........//Voice Clips 

My documents are drive E: though so im not sure the proper path, as its easily changeable if the person uses it wants to
07-06-2006 12:40 AM
Keikonium

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [Request] Voice Clip Saver
The path I have from just a normal install on a C drive is:

C:\Documents and Settings\***USERNAME***\Application Data\Microsoft\MSN Messenger\***EMAIL ID?***\VoiceClip

I suppose a script that perhaps saves all information stored in that folder, and permanently saves it to a different folder. My girlfriend and I had a voice clip convo today (voice chat is laggy and choppy) and I saved a few clips, but looking thru all the VoiceClip folders no other voice clips are there.

An idea that just poped into my head... if this script were made, it would also save voice clips I send, and they would get mixed in with the ones received would they not? So I'll go out on a limb and ask if its possible to save clips received from every email address EXCEPT mine? Or even contact specific :S?
07-06-2006 12:55 AM
mathieumg

34 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: [Request] Voice Clip Saver
quote:
Originally posted by Keikonium
its possible to save clips received from every email address EXCEPT mine? Or even contact specific :S?

Yes it is :)
Official MessengerPlus! Live French Translator
Official StuffPlug 3 French Translator

:)
07-06-2006 04:29 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
rawclaw

Bump
07-05-2007 10:13 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »