What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » MsgPlus Live! Sound Alerts not working right

MsgPlus Live! Sound Alerts not working right
Author: Message:
Fourjays

Jaguar E-Type

36 / Male / –
O.P. MsgPlus Live! Sound Alerts not working right
Well I just did a quick search for sound alerts and didn't get anything similar.

On MSN7.5 and MsgPlus! 3 I had sound alerts set for certain contacts. So when they signed in, it would make a noise so I would know. Since upgrading to WLM and MsgPlus! Live it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't.

I have checked and double checked the settings, and the contacts are set, and the sounds are set. But when a contact who is selected signs on, it doesn't always make the sound - more often I get no noise than I do.

When they do work they are VERY quiet compared to 7.5 and MsgPlus! 3. I could always hear the sounds above any music or games I had running. Now everything has to be turned right down (Winamp at 30% volume for example, rather than 100%) to hear the sound notification - if it gives me the sound notification.

Any ideas?

This post was edited on 07-06-2006 at 10:18 AM by Fourjays.
[Image: msgsig7yx.jpg]
A new range of internet based services... Coming Soon(ish)! - www.fortheinter.net
07-06-2006 10:08 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: MsgPlus Live! Sound Alerts not working right
I'm guessing the sound you're using is normally a quiet sound anyway, and Plus! 3 was just upping the volume behind the scenes.
I've also noticed that sound collisions are handled differently in Live, as each new toast makes the sound start again.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
07-06-2006 12:00 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Fourjays

Jaguar E-Type

36 / Male / –
O.P. RE: MsgPlus Live! Sound Alerts not working right
Your right about the volume level - I played it in a different media player at the sametime as some music and it wasn't audible with the music at 100%, but was clearly audible at 15%.

What about the way that I only actually get the notification sometimes though? Most of the time it doesn't make a noise at all. :s It's annoying, as there are people I need to talk to, but I don't look at the sign-in boxes all the time (in 7.5 I turned them off because of the people who signed in, then again, and again, and again...). I can't trust the sound alerts to work anymore. :-/

This post was edited on 07-06-2006 at 12:24 PM by Fourjays.
[Image: msgsig7yx.jpg]
A new range of internet based services... Coming Soon(ish)! - www.fortheinter.net
07-06-2006 12:24 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: MsgPlus Live! Sound Alerts not working right
You may want to double-check your settings, though I'm sure you already have.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
07-07-2006 10:17 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: