What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [Release] AnswerPhone v1.2

[Release] AnswerPhone v1.2
Author: Message:
rob_botch

33 / Male / Flag
O.P. [Release] AnswerPhone v1.2
This simple script checks all of the messages that you receive when you are not online and not appearing offline. It displays them all in one window so all messages can be easily viewed (for example, one useful suggestion was whilst playing a full-screen game on one monitor, you can monitor all messages on another). The settings can be changed by:

1. Clicking the toast that appears when you change your status to Busy, etc.
2. Using the command "/answer" in a chat. This replaces the old "!answer".
The answer phone only acts when the user is not online and not appearing offline.

New in this version (1.2):

Button in main window to open a chat with the contact who has left a message (only works in conversations with only one other person) Option to automatically reply to all messages left Answer phone window is resizable !answer replaced by the "real" command /answer New settings interface Settings stored in the registry so that they are remembered.

Hope you like it, please tell me if there are any more features that you would like adding!

.plsc File Attachment: AnswerPhone.plsc (3.21 KB)
This file has been downloaded 164 time(s).
07-03-2006 04:27 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
RE: [Release] AnswerPhone v1.2
Hey Rob

ok what i was wanting added to this is, when at home i have a real world answer phone and can set my own personalised greeting i can even set how many rings to wait before my answer phone answers the call, could these functions be added to the answer phone script so that i can personalise my message that is sent out and say how long it should wait for me to come back before it starts answering my messages. also a button that says off if the answer phone is currently on and on if its currently off a kind of like switch so i dont have to leave it on all the time if i dont want to as typing /answer then ticking or unticking the answer phone on box is a little long winded just for turning it on or off dont you think.

hope this helps and have subscripted to script updates via rss feeds so hope to hear back from you soon.
07-09-2006 09:22 AM
rob_botch

33 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [Release] AnswerPhone v1.2
Thanks for your feedback. In the next version, customized messages are already coded. With regards to the timer, you could set your WLM to set you idle after a certain period of time. The answerphone would then come on when you enter idle mode. Remember that even if the answerphone is turned on, if you are online or appearing offline, the answerphone will not respond. This is so you don't need to change the settings so often. In fact, when you change your status to one which could trigger the answerphone, there is a toast that appears to let you turn it on/off.

Thank you
07-09-2006 09:26 AM
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
ah ok yes i think i saw that thanks rob. i cant wait to see the new version when it eventually is releasable.
07-09-2006 09:28 AM
rob_botch

33 / Male / Flag
It will be out very soon I hope. It would already be out, but I'm trying to get the script to upload the messages to an ftp server. Then you could check messages from anywhere. Unfortunately, making this more user-friendly is proving difficult.
07-09-2006 09:31 AM
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
whats the thing making it not so user friendly then maybe i can help you figure it out
07-09-2006 10:02 AM
rob_botch

33 / Male / Flag
Well when the settings are hardcoded in, the upload works. But when I add a settings box and read the values (correctly) from the registry, uploading breaks down.
07-09-2006 10:04 AM
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
oh i wonder why that happens, im afraid its beyond me i thought it was worth asking just incase i had any ideas for you.
07-09-2006 12:50 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: